• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I actually don't think the video games are directly the problem. It's parents allowing their young, potentially impressionable children to play the violent video games.. I don't think it should be a big deal for a grown adult to play these games if they want.

That said, I have played these games since I was about 12 years old, and I don't have any intention of shooting anyone.

Ken

Unless they're still playing those games in their parents' basement and yelling for their Mom to make them another Hot Pocket:innocent0

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    If given the chance. I would volunteer to work school security. I would really make time for that.

Nuff talk and let's protect our children and schools.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I joined the NRA recently because I completed training to be an instructor. I thought it wouldn't look good to not be a member if they where going to back me as an instructor. However I am questioning my decision lately about membership. A lots of politics flying around.

TD

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    I joined the NRA recently because I completed training to be an instructor. I thought it wouldn't look good to not be a member if they where going to back me as an instructor. However I am questioning my decision lately about membership. A lots of politics flying around.

TD

NRA is political. That surprises you? What exactly are you questioning?

mtb

May 24, 2011
    Unless they're still playing those games in their parents' basement and yelling for their Mom to make them another Hot Pocket:innocent0

Sure, then they need to grow up and get out of the house. ;)

And then buy their own computers/consoles and games.

In all seriousness though, the games themselves aren't the problem. Parents need to be involved in their kids' lives instead of sticking them in front of the TV with a video game controller.

Ken

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Sure, then they need to grow up and get out of the house. ;)

And then buy their own computers/consoles and games.

In all seriousness though, the games themselves aren't the problem. Parents need to be involved in their kids' lives instead of sticking them in front of the TV with a video game controller.

Ken

This. So much this. Thisthisthisthis. Parents need to raise kids rather than just spawning them.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miles71

TD
    NRA is political. That surprises you? What exactly are you questioning?

After reading this and thinking you're right, the NRA fights for our gun rights and as a new member I should support them. I think the beverages ha e had an effect, no more posting tonight TD

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Donated to both ... to add to my multi-year memberships.

Time to "Nut up or Shut up"

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I like the school security idea. I called in to a local radio talk show the other day and made the point that most people believe there could be another school shooting someday and IF one believes that events like Sandy Hook could happen again THEN it makes perfect sense to have a defensive measure within the school.

After 9/11, a plan to stop terrorists from boarding planes was enacted AND they worked on providing a line of defense within the plane with stronger cockpit doors and more Air Martials. The thought being IF a terrorist boards a plane THEN there should be a line of defense on the plane.

Believing that you can legislate the end of evil is unrealistic.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    After 9/11, a plan to stop terrorists from boarding planes was enacted AND they worked on providing a line of defense within the plane with stronger cockpit doors and more Air Martials. The thought being IF a terrorist boards a plane THEN there should be a line of defense on the plane.

I got laughed at again the other day for suggesting the idea that teachers be allowed to conceal carry at school, if they are up for it, and trained. Another guy said it's just a way to give guns to students, because the students will overpower the teachers and take the guns. I think that he gives our students in general less credit than he ought to, and that he has no idea how concealed carry works-- if you're carrying concealed, you don't banter on about the weapon you're carrying. It is silently there, and does not come out to play unless needed.:sad20:

It's definitely a pipe dream... only one other guy backed me up and he is 40 year veteran of teaching who is also a big time hunter and gun enthusiast. Everyone else pretty much thinks I am crazy now.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There weren't any calls to ban or restrict video games. It was a preemptive strike to undercut the *entertainment* portion of mainstream media from any moral high ground.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    If Mortal Kombat had a part of this, people wouldn't be shooting anyone because of the game. Last I recall, I haven't seen anyone walk down the street and rip someones spine out. How bout we place the blame where it should be. If people have mental conditions, why aren't they getting treated for it? Oh that's right, our wonderful healthcare system. The parents of these people that commit these crimes obviously did not bring their kids up correctly. I watch little kids wander up and down the roads all hours of the days and nights in my neighborhood because their parents don't give a rats ass about them, but I digress. Time to re-up with the NRA, I am getting a gun safe for Christmas, can't have her empty!!!

MS2k

Nov 5, 2012
    Silver Spring
    The violent video games argument is bogus, but it does feed into what he said about the mass media as a whole.

Mass shootings are like plane crashes; lots of people die in a sudden, unusual way, and, in spite of the fact that they rarely happen, the media reports them with incredible detail because they're so "interesting".

I'd say this is a symptom of some much deeper problems, but I'll stop here...

I just joined the NRA, SAF, and MSI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom