• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What state's permit will you use to carry in MD under National Reciprocity?

• Out of state non resident permit (Utah, Florida, ect)

Votes: 224 65.1%
    • Out of state resident permit (you don't live in MD)

Votes: 25 7.3%
    • Current MD Wear and Carry permit

Votes: 27 7.8%
    • MD permit if it were shall issue, cost less than $100, 16 hours training, no restrictions, and no G&

Votes: 52 15.1%
    • LEOSA exempt

Votes: 6 1.7%
    • You're going to stamp your feet until MD is constitutional carry

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    EDIT: Better yet... doesn't anyone else realize that CC is a compromise? One that makes the forthright and honest among us (those of us without criminal records and a history of responsible behavior) into someone who goes to great lengths to conceal something? National reciprocity of CCW is NOT the answer. SCOTUS ruling that OC is 50 state legal IS the answer. Honestly, to the detractors, let the druggie store robber see my handgun on my hip - let that be the thing that makes him check into rehab tomorrow with the realization that he almost died trying to rob some cash to score. Carrying a firearm in public should carry both responsibility and consequences. Instead of the compromise of a 50 state CCW, we should be after a 50 state OC being recognized as a constitutional guarentee.

Knowing your luck, the druggie would have a friend that spotted you on the way in... figured your gun is worth $100... druggie friend is a little bigger than you and they jump you in the store, kill you with your own gun.

Then they rob the store and drive off with your car. They get $75 for your car and $40 for your gun. They don't even OD... :D

No, I'd rather not open carry... although, if others wanted to, I don't mind if they do. Very few of my friends actually know I own a gun.. let alone know I carry when not in MD.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    UT since I expect MSP to deny my MD app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The question is based on the premise that MD is forced to go "shall issue" due to the passing of the national reciprocity bill.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Wake me up when that Bill Passes Please...

I'm sure that Mexico will have built & paid for the Border Wall B4 that Bill will pass...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Pardon my ignorance, but I thought the idea of the National Reciprocity laws would end the issuance of out-of-state permits. Once National Reciprocity goes through, your permit will be based on the CC laws of your state of residence.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Wake me up when that Bill Passes Please...

I'm sure that Mexico will have built & paid for the Border Wall B4 that Bill will pass...

agreed but if it were to pass, I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that the scumbags that run the statehouses will find some way to force you to get your home states permit.

they will probably figure, well if we have to issue now, we may as well make the money off of it...

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I would think that you will need to have a permit from your state of residence. In that case everyone in Maryland is still screwed. Just move to a free state and your good to go. I'm sorry I just don't see Maryland ever making it easy to get a permit. That's not how it's done here.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Pardon my ignorance, but I thought the idea of the National Reciprocity laws would end the issuance of out-of-state permits. Once National Reciprocity goes through, your permit will be based on the CC laws of your state of residence.

that is true, but you will still need a permit to carry

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I would think that you will need to have a permit from your state of residence. In that case everyone in Maryland is still screwed. Just move to a free state and your good to go. I'm sorry I just don't see Maryland ever making it easy to get a permit. That's not how it's done here.

The bill as currently written does not require a home state permit. That doesn't mean it won't get changed or MD makes it very difficult to carry with T,P, & M restrictions

hoping for the best but expecting the worst is where I am

attached

Attachments

• Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017.pdf
      42.8 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula