• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What state's permit will you use to carry in MD under National Reciprocity?

• Out of state non resident permit (Utah, Florida, ect)

Votes: 224 65.1%
    • Out of state resident permit (you don't live in MD)

Votes: 25 7.3%
    • Current MD Wear and Carry permit

Votes: 27 7.8%
    • MD permit if it were shall issue, cost less than $100, 16 hours training, no restrictions, and no G&

Votes: 52 15.1%
    • LEOSA exempt

Votes: 6 1.7%
    • You're going to stamp your feet until MD is constitutional carry

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Out of state non-resident. Because Maryland refuses to honor other state's permits those states fail to reciprocate. :lol2: So I'll spend money elsewhere. :D

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Which state permit is the easiest/most cost effective for a non resident to obtain?

Utah and Florida are the two big ones for MD residents. I don't think they have the same reciprocity coverage so you'd have to check to see which one was better for your travel plans. Not hard to get either one, and there's nothing saying you can't have both.

I already have Utah so there's no way I'd give MD any more money.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I will stick with the out of state one I have. Wouldn't get a md one unless it was a LOT cheaper and super easy. Right now, renewing every 7 years is pretty cheap and easy and md doesn't get any of my money.

I make a point of vacationing, buying gas out of state, and doing anything I can outside of md to keep them from getting any more of my $$$. So, this will likely be the same way for me.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    For the poll, I selected the 'MD permit if...' option. Barring that, though, I should soon be able to provide a G&S (hack... gag... cough... - sorry, it sticks in the throat...) reason to obtain a MD W&C.

Under national reciprocity, though, I would think that VA, FL, UT, etc... should get a person's money if unable to get the MD permit - those states have demonstrated a willingness to honor a citizen's constitutionally-protected (God-given) rights.

EDIT: Better yet... doesn't anyone else realize that CC is a compromise? One that makes the forthright and honest among us (those of us without criminal records and a history of responsible behavior) into someone who goes to great lengths to conceal something? National reciprocity of CCW is NOT the answer. SCOTUS ruling that OC is 50 state legal IS the answer. Honestly, to the detractors, let the druggie store robber see my handgun on my hip - let that be the thing that makes him check into rehab tomorrow with the realization that he almost died trying to rob some cash to score. Carrying a firearm in public should carry both responsibility and consequences. Instead of the compromise of a 50 state CCW, we should be after a 50 state OC being recognized as a constitutional guarentee.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    So when this happens (because it will happen) do you thing one of the strings will be standardizing the qualifications to carry in each state?

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    PA is the cheapest, fastest, and best customer service of all the ones I have. $20, a simple form, and 1 week.

Unfortunately you need a MD permit first.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Even with options, I'll stick with John Moses Browning - and Utah.

Not trying to start an interwebs riot, but the Utah state firearm is an added incentive. :D

budzic

Oct 20, 2016
    Severn, MD
    If MD (miraculously) became a shall issue in the wake of national reciprocity, it certainly wouldn't be because we had a legislature that represented the natural rights of it's people.

I suspect it would be only to gain revenues or maintain databases on those who might carry.

Until MD not only recognizes our rights to carry, but affirms our rights to defense of self and others by passing laws that protect us, I will happily give money to another state for an out-of-state non-resident permit.

A persons castle should extend beyond their property to wherever they may be, and the right to protect one's castle should not be jeopardized by a duty to retreat. Defensive acts should be further protected from prosecutorial zeal by having a clear, simple and defined standard. Finally one should be free from fear of reprisal by abuse of civil litigation.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I will use the Utah permit that I already have, however I would consider a Maryland permit if they scaled back the training,and did away with the references and interview nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom