• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    muzzle flash. :cool:

ETA: Seriously, on the sidearms that do have night sights, they're wearing Trijicons from the factory.

Last edited:

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Ill be different, Red Back One 10-8s on my G19. They are a black rear with a single tritium vile in the front. Looking to switch to some XS big dots though :D I am just not looking forward to pulling the 10-8s off because I lock tighted the CRAP out of them lol :rolleyes:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Novaks, I like the sleek profile, recessed rear face with the base usually flush with the rear of the slide, and ability to order custom heights or durable adjustable sights, trijicon's are decent too, and sometimes have a Novak rear option. The new Trijicon HD sights are the new hotness in night sights, and are quick to aquire in the day, I am just not a fan of the difference between the day/night pictuire,big dot/plain U notch during the day, and 3 dot tritium at night, but others seem to love them, and a set I installed on a friend's XD worked out well for him. I have installed a few Ameriglo sets for others and they seem decent too, lots of options.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have Meprolights on all 3 of my Glocks. IIRC Glock uses these as their factory installed sight. Trijicon HD's are good as well.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    Not to be a smart a$$...but what do you need night sights for? Home protection? Shooting at dusk?

If for home protection....save your money on the sights and look at Crimson Trace Laser Grips. Imagine an intruder running down your hallway at 0200 in the morning. Are you really going to be looking for your "night sights"?

Just my $.02....sorry! :)

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    CT runs on batteries. Night sights do not. I use both on some guns

Good point. Check your batteries from time to time just like your ammo. (house gun of course)

Curious though....you can honestly see your night sights in the pure dark? You would really sight in on an intruder running/walking towards you?

Not trying to argue....just curious.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I actually can. The Meprolights glow pretty brightly and it's not hard to get your sights on target. Of course CT makes it a no brainer. I got my NS first and added the CT later. NS also work in low light situations, not just dark environments.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    I needed to add....I have old eyes! :)

For years I had night sights. A very good friend of mine (tv shooting personality) carries and every single gun of his has CT's installed. There are a million reasons why he does but the number one factor is stress related. The example of someone running towards you is the main reason. Our natural tendacy is to look at the person, not the sights. The laser allows a simple "point", not to mention the deterrent it gives when one sees a pretty little light dancing on their chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom