• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    OP, don't fall for all this 1911 made up hype, it's just a bunch of guys trying to make up for the lack of other personal shortcomings. If you want to shoot 45acp, buy a Highpoint and save yourself a thousand dollars.

Damn. I just bought a 1911 from this guy an hour ago and now I see this post. :lol2:

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Just too purdy.

Attachments

• DSC_0126.jpg
      DSC_0126.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 155

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

:rofl:

That is a very good question. My buddy found it in his 1911 spare parts bin, so I have no idea. It is already dehorned, which is cool.

ETA: I think it might be a Wilson Combat.

It is a WC. I disapprove, however. For me, the extended slide stop rests too close to my thumb when holding the pistol. I actually think the original design is fine, I slingshot my slide, or release it with my support hand thumb after slamming the mag home. Like a Glock, I am happy with the slide stop being hard to hit by accident. That is one of my only gripes with the Beretta 92/96, I have to consciously tuck my thumb or wrap it real wide over my left thumb joint which feels awkward in order to avoid letting the slide drop when empty because my thumb naturally rests right on top of it.

Personal preference though. Your pistol is coming along nicely :). I'm sure once you've souped it up you'll be very happy with it!

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    It is a WC. I disapprove, however. For me, the extended slide stop rests too close to my thumb when holding the pistol. I actually think the original design is fine, I slingshot my slide, or release it with my support hand thumb after slamming the mag home. Like a Glock, I am happy with the slide stop being hard to hit by accident. That is one of my only gripes with the Beretta 92/96, I have to consciously tuck my thumb or wrap it real wide over my left thumb joint which feels awkward in order to avoid letting the slide drop when empty because my thumb naturally rests right on top of it.

Personal preference though. Your pistol is coming along nicely :). I'm sure once you've souped it up you'll be very happy with it!

I have short thumbs, dawg.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    What makes a 1911 "the gun"?
    File your question with:

Why are big boobs good?
    Why is a 350 Chevy a good?
    I just mowed the lawn, do I want a beer or tea?
    Should I watch the Super Bowl or Antiques Roadshow?
    Free weights or yoga?

There is nothing inherently wrong with the alternative, but that does not mean it is right. The 1911 is right.

Last edited:

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Sweet trigger, good-looking gun, awesome round, & an interesting history. An all-American gun to own, capable of being customized to be just yours.

MH

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    I got my first one about a week ago. Mainly because I always liked the looks of one and wanted to see what all the 1911 talk was about. Is pretty, but was darn tight!

560348_400549839983054_1679906166_n.jpg

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    What makes a 1911 "the gun"?
    File your question with:

Why are big boobs good?
    Why is a 350 Chevy a good?
    I just mowed the lawn, do I want a beer or tea?
    Should I watch the Super Bowl or Antiques Roadshow?
    Free weights or yoga?

There is nothing inherently wrong with the alternative, but that does not mean it is right. The 1911 is right.

This. My buddy loves Pontiacs, I love Oldsmobiles. We both agree that the Chevy 350 is a damn fine motor in all of its many configurations. The 1911 is like the Glock, the Kalashnikov, the Garand, the Colt SAA, etc. It is a fine piece of engineering. Love or hate the owners/fanboys (see the Great GM/Ford/Chrysler debate), at least respect the work that went into the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom