• Zero Tolerance

Votes: 8 5.6%
    • Other

Votes: 38 26.6%

• Total voters

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I like too many, but I'd have to go between Cold Steel, CRKT, Spyderco and Ka-Bar. I love the CS Voyager line and prefer the tanto blade. It's just a folder, but the extra large version is a great chopper and cutter. Also like the bowie and recurved.

One of the nicest folders I have is a Buck Alaskan 110. Not with that crummy 420HC, but with S30V. I got a number of these things as gifts. Then the price went sky high. The black Teflon coating is beautiful and the knife is solid. If you're into hunting, this knife will not require sharpening until you get home.

The Alaskan, below, has a much longer reach than the Spyderco Native and it's
    much easier on the eyes.

Gerber, in my view, has kind of gone down the tubes by using cheaper steels. I bought one a couple of years ago and it wouldn't ever pierce the tough plastic bubble containing a label maker. It slid along the surface and put small cuts and scrapes in it. I finally got another folder, my Spyderco Native, and that thing ripped through the plastic. I sharpened the Gerber and put it in a drawer, where it still sits today in a box of other useless knives.

BTW, the Alaskan knives are only found at Cabela's. They're superb.

MachtSchnell

Jul 30, 2012
    Carroll County
    Spyderco for me, hands down. Quality, affordable, high-performance, and abusable blades that make excellent daily carry tools. There are plenty other quality tools out there, but the engineering and design of the Spyderco's I've use are really impressive.

Also partial to Swiss Army Knives, can't beat the price and the versatility they offer.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Buck 110 for me. Gift from an old girlfriend. She's long gone, but the knife and I remained close. Has never let me down for 38 years. No idea if today's 110 is the same quality, but I wouldn't trade mine.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I like too many, but I'd have to go between Cold Steel, CRKT, Spyderco and Ka-Bar. I love the CS Voyager line and prefer the tanto blade. It's just a folder, but the extra large version is a great chopper and cutter. Also like the bowie and recurved.

One of the nicest folders I have is a Buck Alaskan 110. Not with that crummy 420HC, but with S30V. I got a number of these things as gifts. Then the price went sky high. The black Teflon coating is beautiful and the knife is solid. If you're into hunting, this knife will not require sharpening until you get home.

The Alaskan, below, has a much longer reach than the Spyderco Native and it's
    much easier on the eyes.

Gerber, in my view, has kind of gone down the tubes by using cheaper steels. I bought one a couple of years ago and it wouldn't ever pierce the tough plastic bubble containing a label maker. It slid along the surface and put small cuts and scrapes in it. I finally got another folder, my Spyderco Native, and that thing ripped through the plastic. I sharpened the Gerber and put it in a drawer, where it still sits today in a box of other useless knives.

BTW, the Alaskan knives are only found at Cabela's. They're superb.

I agree that Gerber has definitely ventured into lower end blades, but they do still make some higher quality items. I love my Gerber/Emerson blades.

cb51

I agree that Gerber has definitely ventured into lower end blades, but they do still make some higher quality items. I love my Gerber/Emerson blades.

The Gerber LST line and the Gator line that is still made here in the U.S.A., are some very good knives. I often carry a Gerber LST as my pocket knife because it is so light that it disappears in a pocket. I beat the hell out of it because it's zoo cheap to replace if it breaks. But to date, although I've abused it, it's still going strong. The first LST I had, it took me almost 20 years to wear out. The Gator is close to 15 years old, and is my heavy duty beater knife. Hasn't broke yet, cuts great, holds an edge very good. No complaints. I love the LST and Gators.

9773643366_e4733dde69_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom