What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The breaking point was reached long ago for everyone. Morally, I think an uprising should have started long before we were born. Logically, we are all too at peace with our lives to do anything about it.

Consider the impact a violent revolution would have on the Country. It would be a humanitarian and economic disaster. Power would probably be out, transportation would shut down (meaning food distribution would shut down). Cities would have no food/power/water. It would be ugly. Very ugly. More people would die from the ensuing riots and disease than died in the revolution itself. Without our distribution and sanitation infrastructure working for even a short period, things would go to hell in a handbasket pretty quickly. It is not time.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Consider the impact a violent revolution would have on the Country. It would be a humanitarian and economic disaster. Power would probably be out, transportation would shut down (meaning food distribution would shut down). Cities would have no food/power/water. It would be ugly. Very ugly. More people would die from the ensuing riots and disease than died in the revolution itself. Without our distribution and sanitation infrastructure working for even a short period, things would go to hell in a handbasket pretty quickly. It is not time.

That is exactly what the powers to be want.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Most Americans are too soft and self- centered to revolt. It's not going to happen. Sheeple will comply with anything.

On the other hand. We have other things to worry about. American idol, Super Bowl , basketball, World Cup , lard-dasians etc.

A small number can take up arms. But they will be used as an excuse to take away more rights and impose a police/ nanny state on everyone.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Most Americans are too soft and self- centered to revolt. It's not going to happen. Sheeple will comply with anything.

I disagree

Americans are resilient, and peace loving to avoid conflict on their home turf.

Americans took a lot of guff from King George for years, until the line was crossed. Then the 3%'rs started a ruckus.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    It isn't want they want. They would be the first people shot. They don't think it can happen. I think it can, and may if things continue on the same path.

I'm somewhat surprised that hasn't happened yet.
    I don't wish it, I'm just surprised.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Something Brooklyn has been saying lately bears some more examination, I think.

We have two diametrically different groups who could be disaffected by this course.

Takers and Makers.

The Takers are the most likely to feel the brunt of any degree of collapse, and demand to be taken care of. They will also be quick to rampage, IMO.

Makers, on the other hand, are (by and large) going to be better positioned to weather the storm and protect their little corners of the world.

The first group to challenge the authority core will be the first ones to be taken down.

We need to be patient and prepared, and let this play out as best we can.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    It isn't want they want. They would be the first people shot. They don't think it can happen. I think it can, and may if things continue on the same path.

Why not? It's the perfect plan for a regime that wants to seize all the control. Create a problem, then have the people pillage each other. While you (the regime) take over. They have already done this politically.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

On the other hand. We have other things to worry about. American idol, Super Bowl , basketball, World Cup , lard-dasians etc.

A small number can take up arms. But they will be used as an excuse to take away more rights and impose a police/ nanny state on everyone.

Was just going to say the very same thing.

The Internet Commandos talk a great game, but folks with 2.7 children, 3.2 cars, 5.6 televisions, and ZERO outdoor skills won't do a damn thing to jeopardize their comfort and central air conditioning. The few will end up doing the dirty work for the many. Again!

That said, I have ZERO doubt that a ton of folks will be ready to defend themselves, their families, and their neighbors during a SHTF scenario, but there will be no coordinated revolution.

We have a better chance at an American Holocaust than we do an American Uprising.

People will put up with everything being taken away from them before standing up and fighting to keep what's theirs.

Now where's the picture of that camo clad chubby kid from the internet?

He'll save us/U.S.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

That's what's going to happen in the cities which is why I don't live in one.

Transportation shut down? That would keep the hordes from coming my way.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Was just going to say the very same thing. The Internet Commandos talk a great game, but folks with 2.7 children, 3.2 cars, 5.6 televisions, and ZERO outdoor skills won't do a damn thing to jeopardize their comfort and central air conditioning. That said, I have ZERO doubt that a ton of folks will be ready to defend themselves, their families, and their neighbors during a SHTF scenario, but there will be no coordinated revolution. We have a better chance at an American Holocaust than we do an American Uprising. People will put up with everything being taken away from them before standing up and fighting to keep what's theirs. Now where's the picture of that camo clad chubby kid from the internet? He'll save us/US.

Think about the scenario if welfare was suddenly cut off. People who are depending on the system no longer get theirs. That would cause a huge uprising.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That's what's going to happen in the cities which is why I don't live in one.

Transportation shut down? That would keep the hordes from coming my way.

Ummmmm...

That's not how it will play out.

They will invade, plunder, and kill those outside the cities who actually do have what they need to survive.

If the inner cities ever break down, you best be prepared to defend yourself if you're in the suburbs and the country.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Ummmmm...

They will invade, plunder, and kill those outside the cities that actually do have what they need to survive.

If the inner cities ever break down, you best be prepared to defend yourself.

I live far outside the big cities. There are really no major highways up here. There are one or two but they are off the beaten path. There is plenty between us and the big cities before they come here.

And yes, I am prepared to defend myself.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Ummmmm...

They will invade, plunder, and kill those outside the cities who actually do have what they need to survive.

If the inner cities ever break down, you best be prepared to defend yourself if you're in the suburbs and the country.

Correct...

As long as they have ways to move, are motivated and/or can access fuel to do it, they'll come.

Preparing and being ready to either move out or defend will be key.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Something Brooklyn has been saying lately bears some more examination, I think.

We have two diametrically different groups who could be disaffected by this course.

Takers and Makers.

The Takers are the most likely to feel the brunt of any degree of collapse, and demand to be taken care of. They will also be quick to rampage, IMO.

Makers, on the other hand, are (by and large) going to be better positioned to weather the storm and protect their little corners of the world.

The first group to challenge the authority core will be the first ones to be taken down.

We need to be patient and prepared, and let this play out as best we can.

I tend to feel that it will be the takers who actually start the next revolution. Makers will finally be over-taxed and won't be able to be squeezed for any more. We are probably getting close to this. The Takers will do what they have always done, they will take. Only this time, they will cut out the middle man and just go take what they want/need. Violence will ensue and the chaos will be the perfect opportunity for some to take care of those they perceive to be the cause of it all.....

Why not? It's the perfect plan for a regime that wants to seize all the control. Create a problem, then have the people pillage each other. While you (the regime) take over. They have already done this politically.

Because they would be the main target, at least if it were the conservative part of the country rising up. See the French Revolution and look what happened to those in power.

guillotine.gif

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Ummmmm... That's not how it will play out. They will invade, plunder, and kill those outside the cities that actually do have what they need to survive. If the inner cities ever break down, you best be prepared to defend yourself.

At least if you love in the country you will have some warning; it takes people about 25 mins to walk a mile. If you live xxx miles from population then you have xxx time to get ready.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    At least if you love in the country you will have some warning; it takes people about 25 mins to walk a mile. If you live xxx miles from population then you have xxx time to get ready.

You win 10 internet points and a cookie.

They will move on foot if they need to to find what they need.

If and when it happens, no place would be safe and people would simply be living on borrowed time.

Nothing like Uber-Apocalyptic conversation at 10:00 O'clock in the morning.

Time to fill the generator and string barbed wire around the veggies.

Later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom