• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krew08

Lurker.
    Feb 26, 2010
    PA
    Whats the cheapest place to get eezoks?

It's Eezox. If you live in or near Washington County, Hafers sells it locally. http://www.hafersguns.com/

I don't know of any other place you can buy locally, but it's available online.

Edit: to answer the question, you may see cheaper prices online but that is before factoring in shipping costs, so again if you live within reasonable distance of Hafers it probably works out evenly.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

That's a really great resource. It should be a sticky! The only thing that I might mention is that the housewares department at my local Wally World has a set of three red silicone funnels that come in really handy for lots of things. These are soft and flexible ("rubbery"), rather than rigid plastic, so they can be worked into places that would otherwise be hard to get a funnel into. One of the sizes works very well for pouring hot water down a Mosin-Nagant bore.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    For cleaning inside of the house, I use M-Pro 7 to clean the guns and Wilson Combat Grease on the rails. No stench at all like some of the other cleaners, of course I use a gun cleaning mat underneath still. Outside, I will clean with Ballistol but the stench is STRONG.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    What about 3 And One Oil?

When I started shooting, in the mid-1950s, 3-in-1 oil was actually what the military armorer on base suggested for .22 rifles. I would imagine it's still fine to use on small-caliber stuff. (Thanks for stirring up a memory of a kid carefully folding a round patch in half, threading it through the cleaning rod tip, and putting a drop on 3-in-1 on each "wing" of the patch.)
    :)

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I stick with the old tried and true Hoppes #9 Solvent and Breakfree CLP. Seems to work very well on my handguns, rifles (non-AR) and shotguns

=GoMango=

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 26, 2012
    Anne Arundel Co.
    For a really dirty bore like 200 rounds in a AK, I use the Remington 40X on a bore brush.
    CLP for general oil needs and Eezox in the bore.

Attachments

• Remington Bore Clesner.jpg
      Remington Bore Clesner.jpg
      12.6 KB · Views: 199

Point-of-Aim

Jun 10, 2012
    I use Strikehold on all of my guns. Works great. It's a dry lube and doesnt collect all the junk some of the oils do. I can clean my guns thoroughly with other brands, then use it and it gets even more out. I swear by it, but I can't say its the best. Just what I prefer.

-P-o-A

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Another vote for Frog Lube.

After you clean and protect your firearms, rub any clean leftover product into your hands and skin as a 100% plant based moisturizer.

Since FrogLube is food grade and all natural, you can also use it as a sexual lubricant, or to fry eggs.

Try that with Hopps or Tetra :)

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    I use Eezox on EVERYTHING metal that is outside. I have yet to have something rust. The stuff is crazy good for kids bikes, toys, BBQ's, Generators, ect. Let alone just about all I use besides Ballistol to clean my guns. It almost makes a coating on the gun so future deposits wipe clean pretty easily.

Eezox - I get off ebay since it isn't local
    Ballistol - Picked up at Scott's Gunsmithing

Vincent

Jul 5, 2012
    Towson
    Ballistrol, love the stuff. It does have a strong smell but it works well. The German army used it through 2 world wars and they know something abouts small arms. I get it at Continental Arms in Timonium, but you can also get it online. Cheaper at Continental.

Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland
    Mmmm I use froglube.. it smells good and seems to do a pretty good job. I do have some carbon buildup on the inside of the slide around the striker locking plate though and have cleaned, cleaned and cleaned and can't clean it :(

Another vote for Frog Lube.

After you clean and protect your firearms, rub any clean leftover product into your hands and skin as a 100% plant based moisturizer.

Since FrogLube is food grade and all natural, you can also use it as a sexual lubricant, or to fry eggs.

Try that with Hopps or Tetra :)

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Second on the M7 cleaner. Barrel and internals, clp on the rest.

[/B]
    For cleaning inside of the house, I use M-Pro 7 to clean the guns and Wilson Combat Grease on the rails. No stench at all like some of the other cleaners, of course I use a gun cleaning mat underneath still. Outside, I will clean with Ballistol but the stench is STRONG.

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    If you can't find eezox then corrosion x is a great alternative. I did a home corrosion experiment with eezox, clp and corrosion X. Eezox and X were hand and hand. CLP was horrible. Corrosion x is suppose to be non toxic vs eezox which is supposedly very toxic.

If you’re going to buy corrosion X do not buy the firearms/gun formula. It’s overpriced only because it’s geared towards the firearms industry (you know how that goes). They are all the same aviation formula, marina and so forth. I called and verified this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom