What exactly is the law around building your own handgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DatBear

Mar 3, 2023
    Silver spring
    OP,

It's best to ask your own lawyer for legal advice.

Never depend on an undercover BAFTE agent or MSP trooper on the internet. They like to drum up their own business.
    Good point but id like to at least have a decent idea before deciding to read the actual laws because man is that a mountain of paper. I do plan of asking a few gun shops their opinions as well but ya know, that'll have to wait until i can actually go in.

DatBear

Mar 3, 2023
    Silver spring
    Agree with others.. Interesting first question. If you built from a store bought receiver (for instance AR15 stripped lower) - then you're not manufacturing, you already own a firearm.

If you attempt to manufacturer, then I'd recommend some light reading. The question "...could you get away with" is not well received in this community. Sorry.

Thank you for the links! Sorry if my phrasing wasnt quite clear. I meant to say that i wasnt quite sure how that works. Was the law stating if it was only a 100% 3d printed or could you for example have a store bought receiver and a printed grip... Wheres the cut off if there is one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom