• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    It may sound like a dumb question but I don't live terribly close, and don't want to be "worthless" when I get there. So yeah, I have the basics, gun, ammo, hearing protection, eye protection....
    -Assume I will need targets, will pick them up on the way up....
    -How about brackets, backing, tape, stapler?

I want to shoot both my pistol (Glock) and rifle (Ruger 10/22 and eventually my Stag AR).

Thanks!

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Hap Baker provides target frames, backers, and staple guns, and if you forget ear protection they sell plugs, too.

You can buy targets there, no need to stop anywhere.

Just don't go today... They're closed, Mondays and Tuesdays.

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    $15 if your out of county. Dont need to bring stands, or stapler as they are provided. Also have targets for sale if you need them.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Good time

They have frames, backing and staplers. Scopes and rests (bags) are provided. There is the pistol shed and the rifle range. Maybe some water and snack. $$ to pay. On the rifle range bolt open when cease fire in effect and NO handling of weapons. You have the rest. Probably an ID when you sign in. Also note it is a bumpy ride to get back there a truck would be nice.
    Have a great time.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    One other thing... bring hand sanitizer & paper towels, since the only "facilities" there are a porta-pot.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    One other thing... bring hand sanitizer & paper towels, since the only "facilities" there are a porta-pot.

Oh how I LOVE this forum...... Thanks everyone!!!! Really appreciate the feedback.

One other question I forgot to ask, do they "care" about mag size? I will be getting some 30rd for my AR and 33 for my Kel Tec.

Thanks again!!!!!!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    No worries about magazines but dont expect to do a magazine dump. They have a 1 shot every 2 second rule or something close to that.

I've pushed the limits a few times and no one came over...but I wouldnt blantatly disrespect their rule and throw 30 rounds down range quickly.

If I wake up early enough to get my things done tomorrow I'll be there in the morning hopefully.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I have seen people using 30-round AR magazines there, but - that being said, I did hear someone complain once that they were admonished by a range official for having an "illegal" hi-capacity magazine.

Maybe one of the Hap Baker RO's here can comment?

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Hmmm... I really like Hap Baker and feel very safe there. IMO, the range officers do a great job. I've seen nothing but safely an respect practiced by staff and shooters.

But I only go during the week (no crowds, no wait) - maybe weekends are different.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    :lol: :innocent0 um, i've seen some pretty unsafe practices there, which is why i joined a private, NRA sanctioned, rifle club. cheaper than a vest, very little paperwork.

What does NRA sanctioning have to do with anything? If you have seen unsafe practices, did you tell the RO? They can only correct what they see or are told about.

Remember, all you need is a member to bring a buddy who says that they know how to handle a firearm, but doesn't and that safe private club just may have an issue.

1874sharpsshooter

Feb 1, 2009
    cape coral, florida
    I have seen people using 30-round AR magazines there, but - that being said, I did hear someone complain once that they were admonished by a range official for having an "illegal" hi-capacity magazine.

Maybe one of the Hap Baker RO's here can comment?

any size magazine is ok. it's just that the 30 round and bigger are hard to shoot with on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom