What did you learn at your Wear & Carry training class that you didn't know before attending?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Let him go through life carrying only his "Qualifying" caliber until he decides he wants to carry something else. Then when he takes another class so he can requalify and then tries to get a second HGP in the new caliber the MSP will probably explain it to him.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I tried that angle. He said "He's an an instructor sooo....". I know I'm trying to prove a positive (there's no negative law), but any literature from the State on the subject would be great.

The trainer is trash, but people who believe "trainers" gonna believe trash
    Tell him 1st Sgt. Pickle of the Licensing Division, MSP said so.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No but it might aid your case if you are charged

Might help you show your intent was to stop not to kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I think this is a new one?

Because the qualification paper shows which caliber you qualified with, you can't legally carry with any other caliber/gun other than what you qualified with. Please show me somewhere that proves this is untrue. I know it is, but my neighbor is adamant because his trainer "knows his sh!t"
    Did you take a dual class? DC is like that.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I think this is a new one?

Because the qualification paper shows which caliber you qualified with, you can't legally carry with any other caliber/gun other than what you qualified with. Please show me somewhere that proves this is untrue. I know it is, but my neighbor is adamant because his trainer "knows his sh!t"
    I bet that trainer would be happy to re-teach the course for each caliber a student wanted to qualify with.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I learned that a lot of registered dems attended my class who are essentially to blame for voting anti gun politicians into office and were taking advantage of the fact MD is shall issue.

Here i was thinking it would be a bunch of pro-gun men/women with years of gun experience and knowledge that would be in attendance only to have the class held up by 1000 what if's by people who are first time gun owners.

All while the instructor was spewing out false info like " you cant open carry". I didn't hesitate to correct considering the seriousness of carrying

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I learned that a lot of registered dems attended my class who are essentially to blame for voting anti gun politicians into office and were taking advantage of the fact MD is shall issue.

Here i was thinking it would be a bunch of pro-gun men/women with years of gun experience and knowledge that would be in attendance only to have the class held up by 1000 what if's by people who are first time gun owners.

All while the instructor was spewing out false info like " you cant open carry". I didn't hesitate to correct considering the seriousness of carrying
    Who was your instructor, 2A Maryland?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom