What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My eldest primed and loaded up his first box of 9mm today.

Think this will get him to shoot slower next time?
    b311f68f2916ec1797e0a2783c037f9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    100 .357 Magnum loads and 150 .38 Special wadcutter loads done this weekend. Arthritis and my old hand press don’t really get along, but I muddled through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    After far too long a break from reloading, I used up my Varget reloading some 30-06. It is hard enough to find Varget on a normal day. I am guessing it is unobtainium right now.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    After far too long a break from reloading, I used up my Varget reloading some 30-06. It is hard enough to find Varget on a normal day. I am guessing it is unobtainium right now.

I have Varget for a Hunting Load and Soft points (but never even took a shot with it). But usually use IMR4895. What have you found you like with Varget in 30-06 that you can't find elsewhere?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    All popular powders are out of stock from online vendors. Primers were hit hard too.

Not just online all my go to places are out of everything. Even had the wife's dad check the Virginia shops and they are out or sell out the same day they get stuff in. Was able to score some 9mm projectiles the other day. At least I will have them once he ships them to me.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    It's a very temperature stable, position tolerant, consistent powder. A twenty degree outside temperature change won't move the aim point. I use Sierra GameKing 180 grain pills.

Fortunately, I have a Maryland legal quantity of H335 for these lean times.

This link expands on the virtues of Varget.

https://www.firearmstalk.com/threads/308-powder-questions.74288/

I have Varget for a Hunting Load and Soft points (but never even took a shot with it). But usually use IMR4895. What have you found you like with Varget in 30-06 that you can't find elsewhere?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I've gone to rl15 for my 308 and 223. Supposedly less temp stable but easier to find. The H1000 was what caught my attention really wish they had the 8lb jugs but I wasn't going to be picky.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Yesterday I added some under shelf lighting and loaded up 100 rounds of 223. Hoping to do 100 rounds a night or two this week.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Reading

Not quite on the bench, but since I only recently joined the forum, I've spent the last three or four days (while also working from home) reading every post back to the beginning of this thread (it starts in 2017).

Thank you to everyone for all of the comments, especially about the different bench builds, because I'm also trying to figure that out.

Before I get to reload any more though, I have to clean up the basement so that I have room to work with.

Have fun guys!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Not quite on the bench, but since I only recently joined the forum, I've spent the last three or four days (while also working from home) reading every post back to the beginning of this thread (it starts in 2017).

Thank you to everyone for all of the comments, especially about the different bench builds, because I'm also trying to figure that out.

Before I get to reload any more though, I have to clean up the basement so that I have room to work with.

Have fun guys!

Let me know when you have at least read the 3% of this sub forum.

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    I processed around 600 .223 cases the last few day's. Wet tumble, FL size, trim, primer pocket de-crimp, another wet tumble, and then head stamp sorted.
    Working on 7.5 Swiss cases now. Looking at loads and OAL. I have a bunch of range days waiting once Rona goes away. Lots of loads to be tested.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Loaded up a full complement of test loads for my 30-06 Garand. Ordered some extra clips this AM when i realized all the clips I own are full. One less thing to do at the range, load clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom