What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Measures neck thickness on all my cases, more consistent that I thought. Finally got to use the AMP annealer, anneales a case in 4 seconds. Attached is the sacrificial brass it uses to give you a custom code for that lot of brass.

Just need to do the same process for my dads brass.

Attachments

• 20200118_090030.jpg
      20200118_090030.jpg
      88 KB · Views: 326
    • 20200118_101736.jpg
      20200118_101736.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 330

youngsait

Nov 30, 2011
    Ellicott City
    I watched the Red Hornady reloading machine in front of me and recollect those days that I enjoyed making pistol and rifle ammos. I can't spare my time to do that again. Hew!

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Working on resizing, chamfering, de-burring, and cleaning about 500 .30-06 cases I shot out of my M1 this past year. When I need to do this again in about a year, mark my words I'm getting a case prep station. Using a lyman hand tool to chamfer and de-burr and it just hurts.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Working on resizing, chamfering, de-burring, and cleaning about 500 .30-06 cases I shot out of my M1 this past year. When I need to do this again in about a year, mark my words I'm getting a case prep station. Using a lyman hand tool to chamfer and de-burr and it just hurts.

Look at the Giraud trimmer, chamger/de-burr and trims in 3 or 4 seconds. If you shoot a lot, well worth the investment. I started out like you, but quickly changed my ways.

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Look at the Giraud trimmer, chamger/de-burr and trims in 3 or 4 seconds. If you shoot a lot, well worth the investment. I started out like you, but quickly changed my ways.

I wish. I don't do high volume shooting at the moment and just getting into reloading a few cartridges. Thanks for the wish list item though!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Wow, so this is basically one step up from a little crow worlds finest trimmer.
    I have those for 223 and 30-06

How long has this been out?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Wow, so this is basically one step up from a little crow worlds finest trimmer.
    I have those for 223 and 30-06

How long has this been out?

Maybe 10 years or so? Based out of Texas. If doing volume its the way to go. Changing calibers isn't cheap, $60ish for cutter and tool head. If you plan to use different calibers, get some Hornady locking rings, so you never have to adjust again. Just unscrew and replace. Setting up to .001" is a little painful, but once there golden.

I have them for .223,.308,6mmBR, 6x47, 6.5CM and .300 BLK.

Its a huge step up from WFT, but still uses shoulder to index. Its a step investment no doubt but I load for myself and my dad, so prepping 150 rounds sometimes weekly, its worth its weight in gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom