What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Loaded up 40 rounds of 223 using 69SMK and IMR8208 XBR
    Then primed about 200 cases of LC 223 that I had cleaned,trimmed and sized about a year ago.
    Noticed I had zero prepped cases of 9mm so I tossed 200 spent cases of 9mm and put into the vibratory cleaner.

I did not shoot or reload much last year despite the new bench/man loft. Trying to change that for 2019

I just picked up a lb of 8208XBR and I’ve been meaning on developing a load. Previously all of my match loads were AA2230 but I finally worked through all of that powder and ammo. I guess it’s time to get started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Recieved my 6x47 die so I'll use that to neck down some 6.5x47 cases this weekend if time permits. Praying I dont have to turn necks

How did the progressive work out?

Usually, the decap/size and prime are done on the progressive. Makes life much easier!

I followed Alucard's advice for loading .357 Sig...
    I bulk size for .40 and de-prime with a .40S&W carbide die. I then hand prime with my Lee Safety Prime. I swap the sizing die for my .357 Sig die (sans decapper) then charge, seat and factory crimp as a progressive.
    There was a definite learning curve, but once I got the kinks worked out, it ran like butter.
    I am now a major fan of the Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro.
    Important caveat- I learned with .357 Sig, which is considered one of the biggest PITA cartridges to load.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

Attachments

• 0113190000.jpg
      0113190000.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 220

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I like it... not enuff V-8 juice I see..;)
    never tried lighting the floor, one thing
    for sure your bench will always be free
    of clutter, loose powder, primers.....

gorilla glue works great..

just messing with ya...:cool:

-Rock

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I like it... not enuff V-8 juice I see..;)
    never tried lighting the floor, one thing
    for sure your bench will always be free
    of clutter, loose powder, primers.....

gorilla glue works great..

just messing with ya...:cool:

-Rock

I dont get it i can view the pic and all is well then upload it to MDS and it flips drives me crazy about a 12 x 12 area

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    I followed Alucard's advice for loading .357 Sig...
    I bulk size for .40 and de-prime with a .40S&W carbide die. I then hand prime with my Lee Safety Prime. I swap the sizing die for my .357 Sig die (sans decapper) then charge, seat and factory crimp as a progressive.
    There was a definite learning curve, but once I got the kinks worked out, it ran like butter.
    I am now a major fan of the Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro.
    Important caveat- I learned with .357 Sig, which is considered one of the biggest PITA cartridges to load.

Are you converting 40S&W brass?

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Saturday I loaded up 100 rounds of .45 70 (50 with Blackhorn 209 and 50 with IMR SR4759). This was after tumble polishing the brass first. Didn't take too long. The IMR loads took longer than the Blackhorn because of having to add in a filler that isn't needed with the Blackhorn. Had a fun shoot today in the snow. Hard to see bullet impact on the berms because of the 'snow curtain' out there, but fun!
    Then I had to size, deprime and tumble the brass again to be ready for the next loading session. I haven't reloaded for almost 40 years and forgot how rewarding it can be.

Don’t know much about it. Why do the .40 sizing first?

The case for .357 Sig is the same diameter as .40 and 10mm. A carbide die doesn't require lube and a carbide die in .357 Sig is super expensive.
    I resize/de-cap with the .40 die and hand prime the cases (I do not like the Lee safety prime). I then go progressive and size with the .357 Sig die, sans decapping pin. Because the body was already sized with the .40 die, I am only sizing the neck and don't have to "muscle" the press. It makes consistent seating depth and crimping much more repeatable.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Realized I had oodles of 30 carbine cases, a box of pills and powder to go with it. Thought that there was a better way to store those components so I Loaded 100 cases I had already primed about a year ago.
    Lee Hand primer plastic cover broke Saturday so was cleaning and sizing the brass till that comes in today.
    I casually prepped about 400 cases while watching Jack Ryan on Netflix

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom