What are the non-FFL face to face sales rules?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    I have been digging around here for a bit and have not seen any rules posted anywhere regarding non-FFL transactions. My guess is that all handguns (non-C&R) must go through an FFL. What are the rules for long guns?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Long-guns, if it isn't banned by FSA2013 - FTF, no ffl needed.

*If there's any more clarification/exceptions, someone feel free to add.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I have a question about this also. I would like to gift a rifle that I built to my brother. It's built on a spikes lower that i bought last year on the77r. del-ton heavy upper. Could I just give it to him. I know he is not a prohibited person. The only time he has been in trouble is when I told mom on him for hooking school in 87.

I have a question about this also. I would like to gift a rifle that I built to my brother. It's built on a spikes lower that i bought last year on the77r. del-ton heavy upper. Could I just give it to him. I know he is not a prohibited person. The only time he has been in trouble is when I told mom on him for hooking school in 87.

Based upon was is written above, and you're both MD residents, yes- it is legal to gift it to him.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Thank you for the reply. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure because the lower wasn't cash & carry. I'll also give him the reciept that says heavy barrel. This will be his first ar. He has a 10-22 and has shot a few of my ar 's and enjoys it. He'll probably be like me and have to have another and maybee another etc. I will tell him about mds so he can learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom