• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Combloc... you have a lot of cool toys (even a warm blanket for cold nights) but you run out the door because the shit hit the proverbial fan! Which one do you run with? Just curious...

Whichever I grab first, VZ58 or Chicom AK!

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    My first was a Windham. Great rifle, but not everything is milspec on it. My next will probably be a Colt, or possibly a LWRC.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    anyone have this rifle? if so would love feedback and where you purchased it from locally

interested to know if this is MD legal. POF seems to be legit company. would be cool if Chad chimes in. seem to recall a thread where he gave his choices in order. do you have to get the colt with the carry handle? i'd like it to have a flat rail and no front sight.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    interested to know if this is MD legal. POF seems to be legit company. would be cool if Chad chimes in. seem to recall a thread where he gave his choices in order. do you have to get the colt with the carry handle? i'd like it to have a flat rail and no front sight.

The carry handle comes off, so it's a flat top receiver

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a Colt 6721, and a Windham Weaponry Hbar carbine. Both are almost identical except the Colt has a Mbus flip up rear sight, while my Windham has a carry handle. Both have been great. The overall finish on my Windham is nicer than my Colt. Both have chromed bores and heavy barrels. I haven't been able to tell a difference in the trigger pulls, but I am still a AR newb.

IF, I had to make a choice to keep only one, it would be the Windham. The Windham has a fully transferable lifetime warranty. That's one of the things that sold me on it. I want to hand it down to a kid one day, and don't want them to have to worry about fixing it. So, from a practicality standpoint, the Windham. However, if he is a collector, or wants to impress people with the name, buy the Colt. I think they are both great though, don't get me wrong. I do place a high value on a manufacturer backing a gun for life, if not for me, my son or daughter. I emailed all the manufacturers about something or another. I emailed Windham, and they responded quickly, were friendly and helpful. I contacted Bear Creek, and they got back to me, but weren't as helpful as Windham. Colt never replied to me. Just my experiences.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Avoid SIG, POF, and RRA. Anything Gas Piston AR sucks.

Windham and Colt are good. Colt is better and will hold value better. No, it's not just a names because gauges prove that out.

FN has been missing the mark lately with their civilian AR's.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I have a Colt 6721, and a Windham Weaponry Hbar carbine. Both are almost identical except the Colt has a Mbus flip up rear sight, while my Windham has a carry handle. Both have been great. The overall finish on my Windham is nicer than my Colt. Both have chromed bores and heavy barrels. I haven't been able to tell a difference in the trigger pulls, but I am still a AR newb.

IF, I had to make a choice to keep only one, it would be the Windham. The Windham has a fully transferable lifetime warranty. That's one of the things that sold me on it. I want to hand it down to a kid one day, and don't want them to have to worry about fixing it. So, from a practicality standpoint, the Windham. However, if he is a collector, or wants to impress people with the name, buy the Colt. I think they are both great though, don't get me wrong. I do place a high value on a manufacturer backing a gun for life, if not for me, my son or daughter. I emailed all the manufacturers about something or another. I emailed Windham, and they responded quickly, were friendly and helpful. I contacted Bear Creek, and they got back to me, but weren't as helpful as Windham. Colt never replied to me. Just my experiences.

Hard to argue with this the Windham Weaponry for $619. Used to be bushmaster, they kept all the machinery and simply rebadged.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...with-detachable-carry-handle-and-heavy-barrel

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom