• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    Picked up this West German P226 this week. KB date code (1991) and triple serial #'s. Came in the old Cardboard box and had the old school manual and original factory target.

I replaced the original grips with Hogues. Striped it down and replaced most of the springs too. Added 2 20 rd mec gar mags on top of the two 15 rounders I got with it. One 15 round factory mag and one 15 round unmarked mystery mag. I got everything from Top Gun Supply.

I'm not really the biggest fan of 9mm. I do own another aluminum framed 9mm da/sa handgun with a decocker, but I haven't fired that one in 2 years or even considered buying ammo for it in that time. In fact I haven't fired any 9mm anything in that time. I keep that gun for sentimental purposes.

This old Sig might make me a 9mm convert. Not a single malfunction of any kind in the 250 rounds I put through it yesterday. All the mags worked without drama, even the mystery mag. It's as accurate as I can shoot and balances well in the hand. Now I see what all the hoopla is about these West German guns. I should have 1k rounds through it by the end of the month. We will see if the honeymoon lasts.

Thanks again to Mark for the awesome gun (and the ammo). 2A has a few used Sigs left, you should go buy one.

2010-08-31173723.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom