• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You know, if all this permit garbage were flushed, and I could take myself and my firearms to live anywhere I pleased in the US, I'd move to my folks' house on Lake Ontario outside Rochester in a heartbeat. Lovely house, of which I own 2/3, relatives abound, an almost rural suburb with miles and miles of hiking trails within walking distance. Taxes are ridiculous, and it snows a lot, but even so, it's a far cry from MoCo.

Hard to believe MD is that much better than NY.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I hereby volunteer my name in a suit against MD.

I’ll be as famous as Dick Heller!
    You would have to want to carry without having a permit to have standing. If you have a permit already the most you could ask for until it expires is to be able to carry without the card in your pocket.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    You would have to want to carry without having a permit to have standing. If you have a permit already the most you could ask for until it expires is to be able to carry without the card in your pocket.

How do you figure that? My permit allowed me to open carry until 2 months ago. And of course the permit would be challenged as well. If they give it to me for free. That might pass muster.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Footnote 9 in Bruen called=out “exhorbitant fees”. What do you call doubling permit fees with no fiscal reason to do so?

HB 824

Last edited:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Obviously not. Therefore how can carry permits be constitutionally permitted under Bruen?

The HQL was struck down partially because of this.

If an HQL is not permissible, how can any carry permit be permissable?

Thoughts?
    I can't argue against your well thought out logic.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Footnote 9 in Bruen called=out “exhorbitant fees”. What do you call doubling permit fees with no fiscal reason to do so?

HB 824

This is the reason I ended up owning a bunch of handguns! Friends had been asking me if I was going to get apply for a permit, I always said "Maybe later." I didn't have a need because I didn't own a handgun. When I heard MD was raising fees to acquire a permit, I went and found a CCW class the following day, and by Sunday evening, I had filed my application.

I guess in my case, raising fees to try and prevent me from getting CCW permit backfired on them. Not only did I get my permit, I've since purchased 4 handguns and carry everyday!

It's not as if I didn't want to carry. I was almost carjacked a couple years ago in Baltimore city. I chose to just stay out of the city. I'm also a person that was a victim of a home invasion when I was younger. At that time I had a BB gun, so all I could do was jump out the 2nd floor window. Ran down the street and knocked on a neighbors door to have them call the cops.

Cops, when they got there, said these criminals would follow people home from Baltimore, stake out the house, then invade! They said it had happened within a month before about a mile down the street from where we lived. Those poor folks were tied up and pistol whipped.

BTW, back then, I lived over in Cockeysville, near Pot Springs and Old Bosley Rd.

GenoBluzGtr

Mar 23, 2018
    As a history buff, the first I remember reading about laws or acts designed to encroach on 2A was FDR's 1934 National Firearms Act which started taxing gun makers... then in 1938, the Federal Firearms Act began regulating gun manufacturers and requiring "Licenses" to make, sell, transport etc.

Prior to that, individual states had various restrictions here and there, but as a nationwide federal push, nothing was in place, I believe.

As far as I can find, between 1791 and FDR, the constitution was actually adhered to as the law of the land (imagine that?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom