• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • should_have

Aug 9, 2013
    What a quirky website...

When I started the process I don't know how many times I pushed the complete button to register on 11/09.

I checked-in every evening just to see if it was touched, :)

Well last night, 11/15, I kept getting this message " * Sorry we could not log you into the system. "

Sent an email this morning, 11/16, to msp.hql@maryland.gov. asking if site was down, They replied 3 hours later, make sure your not logging into using a cell phone or using a Safari Browser.

SO, I tried logging in on my desktop vs laptop. When I logged in using the desktop, said my account was locked... And you have to create a New Account!!!

I could not create an account on my Desktop PC with no success so I tried on my Laptop.

SO when I tried to create a account again, " Email address already exists. - SSN already exists. Please try your search again, or contact the board for additional assistance.

Round & Round we go....

Sent a second email

MSP HQL State Police did respond the second time with a "Registration Code" to use to reset my password when I select, "Forgot Password". WORKED and even was able to reuse my original password. FYI this is also the first time I received a "Registration Code"

And the for last STRANG Piece of the Puzzle, last Thursday when I went to Reisterstown Rd , Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, to get finger printed. My
    Charge card did not get charged, No text conformation, usually I get a text before the cashier gives me the receipt. Tuesday evening, 11/14, I received a text for a refund for my finger printing which was never charged in the first place.

But Additionally, I received in the mail on 11/15, from the Criminal Justice Information, No Criminal history was found and a fingerprint supported national criminal history check has been initiated. The results of that investigation will be sent to the requesting agency only.

Not sure if I should even ask why I got a refund for finger printing!!!

Off to a shaky start.

should_have

Aug 9, 2013
    Joined 2013, posted today

Shine box ordered
    Yes joined in 2013 when I believed MD started changing all of the rules. FINGER Printing, HABR for AR15. Stupid of me for not buying my AR back then and a second handgun.

I wish I could add more to participate to this web site but I can really think of posting anything that would be useful. I like reading from the experts who post.

GREAT Site

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I wish I could add more to participate to this web site but I can really think of posting anything that would be useful. I like reading from the experts who post.

GREAT Site
    Don’t go thinking you need to contribute anything useful to participate. Some of the best stuff is completely useless.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The website is very browser picky. Seems to work well from many phones, but, most of the time it is Firefox or forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom