• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    Curious why the OP thinks its not worth it.

Yeah….aside from my kids school when I pick them up…I carry nearly always.
    Went to Wheaton for Costco. Nice mall actually. Target, Jo Ann fabric.
    No issues. But still felt better packing.
    Same everywhere else.
    The 380 mini in your pocket is much better than the 45 locked up at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    I stated why in an earlier comment. Just because it’s so restrictive with the law passed in October. I know some of it has been blocked, but it still seems quite restrictive. I know some people are saying it doesn’t affect them, but I think they might be missing some stuff. But I have decided to do it anyway.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I stated why in an earlier comment. Just because it’s so restrictive with the law passed in October. I know some of it has been blocked, but it still seems quite restrictive. I know some people are saying it doesn’t affect them, but I think they might be missing some stuff. But I have decided to do it anyway.

Lots of history on people before you fighting to expand our gun rights, in past years i had a restriction on my permit. I went to a Law Hearing and still lost but it may have had some effect on it finally being challenged.

Fighting is/was painful and our local government will take everything you have if left un-challenged , it is important we all do something for the good of freedom if we give money or time to the cause

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Get the license if for no other reason than to add a positive statistic to prove that concealed carry does NOT increase "gun violence". It is hard to argue against our right to carry when you see thousands of law abiding citizens carrying with no detrimental effect at all.

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    I agree with you…. but unfortunately, in this liberal nut state, I don’t care how many people are licensed to carry they’re not gonna change their ways

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I agree with you…. but unfortunately, in this liberal nut state, I don’t care how many people are licensed to carry they’re not gonna change their ways

You're right, they won't change their ways. That doesn't mean we should roll over and give in to them. People deciding it's not worth the trouble is exactly the reason they keep making it more difficult and restrictive. It's not about safety, it's about power and control. We can't let them win.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You're right, they won't change their ways. That doesn't mean we should roll over and give in to them. People deciding it's not worth the trouble is exactly the reason they keep making it more difficult and restrictive. It's not about safety, it's about power and control. We can't let them win.

And that's a major reason I carry.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    One of the lies the state repeated pre-Bruen was that there wasn't much interest in Maryland for permits. The more people that get them now the better.

CJC

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    Alexandria VA
    I would say do it, and the sooner the better. As you can see from the responses, the laws enacted just last year, even though some have been enjoined, continue to chip away at our 2A rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom