• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Take a peak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States#1970s

Plenty of school shootings throughout the 20th century. The only thing that has changed is the media coverage and information availability.
    Reread my last sentence.

I should have said "almost no mass shootings"

And many of those stats are not students doing the shooting. Many of those stats are as contrived as the 18 school shootings the MSM is touting this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Take a peak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States#1970s

Plenty of school shootings throughout the 20th century. The only thing that has changed is the media coverage and information availability.

I sort of agree, but only with the media coverage part. Yes, there have been these sort of events throughout history. However, there is a certain agenda the media follows in support of personal interests (just look at who is running the media companies - virtually all politically-connected liberals). How come this wasn't a major issue until the late 1990's? Did it start falling into an agenda then? I think the media coverage was increased in an effort to help anti-gunners stage more restrictions after the 1994 AWB (like making it permanent).

My father used to participate on a shooting team in high school. They kept the guns and ammunition locked up at school and my father was even able to have is own rifle (that was stored at school). Today, this would be inconceivable to most.

I think a lot of the problem is parenting. Parents are unwilling, unable, unprepared, or afraid to parent correctly. I know I am far from the best parent in the world, but I have the responsibility to teach my children what is right and what is wrong. Harming another person is definitely a wrong, regardless if they use a screwdriver, knife, firearm, or automobile. Parents also have the responsibility to reach out for help if they have concerns that their child is in need of greater help than what they can provide. Not trying to get this help when it may be needed is not doing your due diligence as a parent.

Last edited:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Well said and that is great. My issue, as stated is in 25 months.

As a father my heart goes out for you and the issues you are faced with , the thread title is going to invoke hesitation & unease in the gun community .

I do hope you lock all your guns up and take a hard look at some further treatment for your son .
    You did a unselfish act by adopting , part of being a good Dad is making hard choices , i have made some right and some wrong .

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Sorry for your difficulties, however, the answer is to get him treatment not to further infringe the rights of others. If he is a threat to himself and others to the point where you lock up your kitchen knives, then YOU need to get him some help. If he has been institutionalized, then the gun prohibition should take care of itself.

I have problems. I demand everyone else kneel down and take care of me.

Handle your problems. Don't let them include me.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    As a father my heart goes out for you and the issues you are faced with , the thread title is going to invoke hesitation & unease in the gun community .

I do hope you lock all your guns up and take a hard look at some further treatment for your son .
    You did a unselfish act by adopting , part of being a good Dad is making hard choices , i have made some right and some wrong .
    I agree. As much as the previous post was direct, because I don't want bad things to happen, I also applaud you for adopting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

outrider58

MDS Supporter
    Internet, youtube, facebook, twitter, snapchat. Kids are overloaded with info and coddled by adults. They grow up on TV and the internet with bery little responsibility.

I deleted my FB account because people were pissing me off with their stupid crap. I think kids these days get to feeling the same.

Not sure but I am gong to blame the internet and social media for the collapse of society.
    Not to mention doing away with Jewdeo-Christian morals along with erasing The Lord's existence from school curriculums. Personal responsibility...

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just 30 years ago, a great many school systems allowed guns in school. They had gun clubs, riflery training classes, etc. My point is, there were way more guns in school then than today.

Just 30 some years ago, there were students with mental disturbances.

Just 30 some years ago, there were no school mass shootings.

What has changed?

Parenting skills? Maybe failure in denying kids anything in order to be their friends? SOCIAL MEDIA! Over medicating kids due to their “feelings”. Lack of a family structure (2 parent family that gets involved with their children). Ignore your kids and they find something else to occupy their minds. Extreme video games, Social Media, YouTube. People weren’t so divided as today. You actually had neighborhoods with neighbors you interacted with. Remember block parties? Kids had scouts, little league etc, that their parents participated in. What percentage of school shooting have been “Student on Students”? Social morals have deteriorated, kids are not being taught a sense of right or wrong. I can go on and on and on..SAD!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    More gun control will not keep your son from harming someone.

As you said, you already have your knives locked up. If he wants to harm someone, he will find a tool to do it with.

Your problem is not in 25 months, it's right now.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Also on a side note the op's post count is not an issue with me and really should not be for others . We all should have a platform and feel comfortable sharing within the forum (MDS) Post count is not a determining factor IMHO .

If we have sleeper cells of 13 er's or 16 er's then we are really reaching , the aniti's that come in here can hardly wait to get dragged off kicking and screaming . (All my opinion) yours may vary

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No need to get started on post count regulations in regards to community participation. If you don't have anything nice to say.....
    As you were gentlemen.

This is a designated No Safe Space Zone. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but other times it may something completely different.

BGOS runs deep around these parts.

outrider58

MDS Supporter
    Parenting skills? Maybe failure in denying kids anything in order to be their friends? SOCIAL MEDIA! Over medicating kids due to their “feelings”. Lack of a family structure (2 parent family that gets involved with their children). Ignore your kids and they find something else to occupy their minds. Extreme video games, Social Media, YouTube. People weren’t so divided as today. You actually had neighborhoods with neighbors you interacted with. Remember block parties? Kids had scouts, little league etc, that their parents participated in. What percentage of school shooting have been “Student on Students”? Social morals have deteriorated, kids are not being taught a sense of right or wrong. I can go on and on and on..SAD!
    :clap: Bravo! Give this man a cupie doll.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Sorry to the OP for his troubles however, anyone who believes that we should have more gun control should be the FIRST ONES TO TURN ALL OF THEIR GUNS IN IMMEDIATELY.
    I have no time to listen to anyone willing to give up my rights, whether that be the 2nd Amendment, the 1st Amendment, or any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why could you not apply for and receive guardianship of your adult son if he has issues?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe if the FBI really investigated when they got the call and tip last year they may have prevented this tragedy. Then he could have used a bomb, or a truck or anything. An evil person is an evil person. They would have found a way to accomplish their agenda.

Attachments

• C76D6B1B-2B07-4030-A7F2-236D4E32B10D.jpg
      C76D6B1B-2B07-4030-A7F2-236D4E32B10D.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 306

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    Why could you not apply for and receive guardianship of your adult son if he has issues?
    He has alcohol related neurodevelopmental disorder. It is a slippery subject as it fall in-between disorders and is not really acknowledged by the health department or the courts yet they all acknowledge it as a major issues. This is the simple story explained to us by Sheppard Pratt.

This is where all of our issues have come from in seeking help and in obtaining help when he is an adult.
    To help yawl on your smart phones

What is Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (ARND)?

ARND is a condition under the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) umbrella. ARND refers to a complex range of disabilities in neurodevelopment and behavior, adaptive skills, and self-regulation in the presence of confirmed prenatal alcohol exposure. Specifically, individuals with ARND do not have the FAS facial abnormalities, but may have developmental disabilities including structural and/or functional central nervous system dysfunction (brain damage) with behavioral and learning problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom