• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Cant bring myself to imagine shooting and taking part in a violent insurrection aimed at overthrowing the US government. To advocate the violent overthrow of our nation is not a good idea. Who will be out new leader? Meghan Kelly?

My buddy Ben once said something that makes a lot of sense to me, what do you think?

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Trump is a an illegitimately elected fascist who is a puppet for Putin. California is looking to separate from the US. Don't you think that increases the odds of a revolution?

oh for fvcks sake.........................

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Trump is a an illegitimately elected fascist who is a puppet for Putin. California is looking to separate from the US. Don't you think that increases the odds of a revolution?

I hope you are just being sarcastic. If not, you have lost your mind.... The election was fair, and he won. Period. We have had a whole year of the resistance crap. The left has absolutely lost their mind. Any nation, tries to influence an election. Obama did it with Israel, that is what nation due. That is what lobbyist do.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    People who are worried about losing their gun rights are better off listening to CNN and MSNBC.

They will tell you what their gun grabbing intentions are.

FNC isn't normally in the business of gun grabbing.

So there's no real reason to listen to them after a mass shooting.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Yep.

Attachments

• 1518897359578.jpg
      1518897359578.jpg
      42.4 KB · Views: 194

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Cant bring myself to imagine shooting and taking part in a violent insurrection aimed at overthrowing the US government. To advocate the violent overthrow of our nation is not a good idea. Who will be out new leader? Meghan Kelly?

That is not the issue. The fact is that for 200 years now the second amendment has already functioned to deter tyranny and tyrannical actions by the government.

I can't imagine myself nuking Moscow in 1970, that does not mean in 1970 the US nuclear stance was useless. It worked, it deterred what it was meant to deter.

I feel very comfortable noting all governments have turned tyrannical given enough time. And one of the reasons the US has not is because of the protections in the Bill of Rights. It has already functioned for over 200 years

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That is not the issue. The fact is that for 200 years now the second amendment has already functioned to deter tyranny and tyrannical actions by the government.

I can't imagine myself nuking Moscow in 1970, that does not mean in 1970 the US nuclear stance was useless. It worked, it deterred what it was meant to deter.

I feel very comfortable noting all governments have turned tyrannical given enough time. And one of the reasons the US has not is because of the protections in the Bill of Rights. It has already functioned for over 200 years

Spot on. Deterrence is priceless.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Every so often, things get out of whack. Peace through strength applies at all levels.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I am a gun nut, I have more then most of you. I hate ANYONE telling me what I can and can't do. But when it comes to gun control we need more of it.

I have an adopted son. He will be 16 next month. He will be 18 in 25 months, at that time he can walk to any store and buy a gun.

He takes meds for his anger issues. He thinks video games and TV is real life. He does not understand things. He is socially inapt. His biological mother drank and did drugs while carrying him and it REALLY did a number on him. While on his meds (4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon) other then he is not real bright it is hard to tell he has issues.
    Our house is built so we can lock a door and it separates him from my kids and I. Our kitchen knives are locked up in a safe at all times unless we are using them same with guns. this was ordered by his doctors/shrink

We need someway (other then parents) cause at this time he is an adult to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun. HIPAA my ass, this sh1t needs to be reported and applied to the NIC process. I know even with this it will not be 100% but how many people that are off their rocker have killed kids and adult in the last 6 months?

I havent read through the remarks. Undoubtedly, there will be flamers and there will be people that agree with you.

I would love to say that we need NCIS checks on every gun sale, as it might catch a few folks we dont want haviing firearms (e.g. long guns too).

I’ve been wondering if we should require a 21 year old age restriction for semi-auto rifles / shotguns... in our attempt to catch that many more restricted persons.

However, we absolutely need to ensure there is a mental health restriction that the FBI is being plugged into.

There is no doubt at all that it will be difficult and painful to enact a mental health aspect to firearms, let alone in general.

Honestly, there is no great solution.

We all know that the FSA 2013 bill (MD Assualt Weapons Ban) did nothing at all to make us safer; it was purely an attempted to get O’Malley in the White House by proving how awesome he was after Newtown.

But we might be able to prevent those very rare circumstances where there is a school shooting with a rifle... but simply requiring a 21 year old age as is typical of Handguns.

(Though we all know that the cast majority of homicides happen with hanguns...)

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I havent read through the remarks. Undoubtedly, there will be flamers and there will be people that agree with you.

I would love to say that we need NCIS checks on every gun sale, as it might catch a few folks we dont want haviing firearms (e.g. long guns too).

I’ve been wondering if we should require a 21 year old age restriction for semi-auto rifles / shotguns... in our attempt to catch that many more restricted persons.

However, we absolutely need to ensure there is a mental health restriction that the FBI is being plugged into.

There is no doubt at all that it will be difficult and painful to enact a mental health aspect to firearms, let alone in general.

Honestly, there is no great solution.

We all know that the FSA 2013 bill (MD Assualt Weapons Ban) did nothing at all to make us safer; it was purely an attempted to get O’Malley in the White House by proving how awesome he was after Newtown.

But we might be able to prevent those very rare circumstances where there is a school shooting with a rifle... but simply requiring a 21 year old age as is typical of Handguns.

(Though we all know that the cast majority of homicides happen with hanguns...)

Nope, stuff is still available through theft, etc. If you are willing to kill, you aren't worried about stealing something to do it with...

At the end of the day regardless of how you want to rationalize it. A good guy with a gun will deter a bad guy with one. It really is that simple.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Nope, stuff is still available through theft, etc. If you are willing to kill, you aren't worried about stealing something to do it with...

At the end of the day regardless of how you want to rationalize it. A good guy with a gun will deter a bad guy with one. It really is that simple.

Exactly.
    Adam Lanza shot his own mother in the head before he stole her AR-15 that was secured in a safe.
    The only way to have prevented Sandy Hook would’ve been to institutionalize Lanza or kill him upon arrival at the school.

chipd

May 20, 2017
    Liberals always start with a lie. You aren't a "gun nut". That's like calling yourself a chinaman or wetback. No one does that. What ever happened to people taking responsibility for raising their kids? You know he's a problem. Do something about it. Saying that you're too lazy to be a good parent isn't justification for infringing on the rights of others.

SPQM

May 21, 2014

Why is it someone must register for Selective Service, be able to sign up for the military, get married legally, etc etc but they can't be trusted to own a handgun, drink, etc etc?

Old enough to die in the Army, old enough to do all that jazz.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Liberals always start with a lie. You aren't a "gun nut". That's like calling yourself a chinaman or wetback. No one does that. What ever happened to people taking responsibility for raising their kids? You know he's a problem. Do something about it. Saying that you're too lazy to be a good parent isn't justification for infringing on the rights of others.

Exactly! OP-take responsibility for your kid and leave me alone. You lock up your kitchen knives but want more restrictions for me? Yeah if I said what I'm thinking I would get banned.
    Get the guns and knives and ropes and baseball bats out of your house and get your kid some professional help. That's the problem we have in this country. People take on the responsibility of kids but then they don't want the actual responsibility so they look to make everyone else change.
    Take some responsibility! Since you have "more guns than most of us" you should be able to sell them and afford top shelf help for your kid.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

Cho killed 50% more students at Va tech with handguns than Parkland or nd more than Newton.
    Brievik killed more students with a rifle legal in Norway still legal in Norway, legal in Canada and scores of developed coutnries, and legal in NYC and DC.

Columbine was stolen guns and straw purchase guns. Newton was stolen gun. San Bernadino was over 21, so was Orlando as weas Las Vegas.

So we have a dozen "high profile mass shootings" and ONE would be affected, and only maybe.

so if this "works" it is perfectly logical to then say: "it works, lets pass more gun prohibitions." And if it does not work, then it would be perfectly logical to say: "it was not enough, lets pass more gun prohibitions."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom