• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarylandDave

Nov 24, 2010
    PRM / HoCo
    Like some of you have pointed out, the petition may delay the law from going into effect, but it will end poorly for us during election time. It will give O'Malley the justification he needs --- after all, "the people have spoken!". This must go straight to the courts. We can't leave our constitutional rights in the hands of the liberals and FSA in this state.

smb101

Sep 22, 2009
    Everyone should do what my wife and I are doing. Take as many people you know that were for this bill shooting. Let them shoot the "evil" guns. Show them how much fun it is change their minds so in 2014 we have more support to get those who have taken our rights away out of a job.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    It will give us 14 months to buy what we need!

Let MSI file for an injunction. If and only if that fails do we try referendum.

Meanwhile we have much work to do. We must protect thevrefurendum process on general principle alone. We must consider other referendum like term limits and recall and even calling for criminal penalties for violent crime,you know the amendments that did not pass. They should be modest and targeted to appeal to the broadest possible cross section of Maryland.

We must hit the Democratic machine with "hard on guns but sift on crime " .

It can be done. But we must be focused and realistic.

Better to have a small effect that is real, than a grandiose plan that fails.

Trust in our leadership. They know what they are doing....

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    No, it's time to take this to court. The referendum vote will yeild the same results as the Gay Vote, Illegal In State Tuition etc..... We all know how well that went in 2012. We will loose and it will embolden O'Malley and his cronies even more.

If we can't get enough votes to win this at referendum, how can we vote these bums out of office?

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    BLUFF??? Hmmm....Maybe Im dense but I never thought we were bluffing!! At least I wasn't. And for some....I would probably bet...there are more FOOTBALL FANS in Me than PRO GUN FANS....could be wrong there also...but...your talking about people from all ploitival parties, families, little kids....not a good comparison.

Instead of attacking each other for NOT DOING MORE, as we set records at every protest and hearing, lets face it....these politicians feared O'Malley more than us, because they believe we have short memories come election time, and like it or not...they are right about that .
    There are usually not that many good candidtes to choose from. Im in my fifties, and for the past forty years as far as presidentail elections, all but maybe one...possibly two, were a choice of lesser evils as candidates...not good vs incompetant.... the MOST talented people do not want to run for these positions...at least I do not think so...its power hungry, control freaks for the most part...deep down...

A referendum...MMmmmmm...Im not sure that would do much good, except maybe to reinforce their position that they were RIGHT to vote the way they did...not...iof you look around the country, and lets take a quick peek at New York, a LAWSUIT is the only option that has teeth in it. I think, deep down, that this is our only option...and not just N.Y. but Heller Vs D.C, and several other instances that I do not recall the names at this moment have been the only successfull methods of drastic change. Because for the most part, politicians can not influence, cajole, intimidate, threaten or otherwise affect the outcome of this decision making process. It is stil the MOST OBJECTIVE method we have at our disposal, checks and balances, checks and balances....that is why our fore fathers designed it this way. They did not trust politicians back then ( and they were politicians that came up with this..hahhaaha :-) and to this day, we cannot trust that our political leaders wll do what the pople want, but what THEY want. There are ALL KINDS of facts and testimonials about how guns and CCW laws being eased and not toughened, have driven the crime rate DOWN in thos states that have had the courage to make the laws LESS restictive. But we heard none of this in the media...

No....lets not start blaming ourselves, because A. It is counter-productive and B. Its just not true that we did not do enough. Sure...you can ALWAYS do more....but with the media against us, and a GOVERNOR who wanted to make a BIG CHANGE like this his swan song for the a futures higher political position were tough obstacles to overcome. Lets stay organized and do what we need to to file a lawsuit....

Just some early mornng thoughts :-)

MarylandDave

Nov 24, 2010
    PRM / HoCo
    If we can't get enough votes to win this at referendum, how can we vote these bums out of office?

Because some of the primaries were decided by only a few hundred votes. If we all switch to Dems (the DINO concept), we could be the deciding factor between nominating a Pro 2A Dem over an anti.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    As hard as it is to say, I think we have to realize that in Maryland, we are the minority. That being said, in a constitutional republic, the majority cannot undermine the rights of the minority. Making sure that doesn't happen is one of the fundamental jobs of the courts. Would love to see this go up in flames in court, but at best I give it 50-50.

Given the outcomes of the referenda votes in Nov... I'd give our chances at the ballot box about 40%.

Economic pressure is always a game changer. Donate to those who will stand for our rights, and boycott the donors/business who contributed to anyone who voted for or supported the passage of this bill.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I concede that we are a minority, but are people who want lower taxes in MD the minority?

If so, I'm outta this state; I refuse to work for "them". The 2014 election will tell

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Unfortunately, the truth is that MD is a majority liberal state. A vote put to the citizens will not end in our favor. I am intimate with this because most of my family is ignorant and just parrot whatever liberal BS they hear from the media.

It's going to take a huge lawsuit against the state of MD on the behalf of the citizens on MD for the violation of our Constitutional rights.

This. The last thing we need is a referendum. This is not a "majority rule" issue. Its in the Bill of Rights. If the anti 2A people dont like the 2A , they need to repeal it.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    As Frederick Douglas said, "without struggle there can be no progress".

Let's channel our energy & passion into a cohesive plan. We're going to have to beat these knuckleheads at their own game. Some of us were naive to think our emails, posts, rallies, etc, were actually going to make a difference on 281. While it should've made one, it didn't. So let's develop & implement a Plan B. The politicians think we're all a bunch of dummies who are incapable of coming together. I for one have a very long memory when it comes to politicians' failure to listen to the will of the people & I don't like being lied to. Next year, the crooks from Balto City, PG, & Mo Co will be facing a much stronger, wiser, & better prepared adversary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom