• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Here it is in it's new home: IMG_0758.jpg

And if anyone's interested, the S&W M10 from the day before when I just missed seeing the C308. I really have to stay away from Duffy's for a while now.
    IMG_0761.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm gonna have Scott's do some work to mine. That rail and that "thing" on the end of the barrel absolutely have to go.

With the sling and new furniture I have coming it'll look cool when it's done though.:D

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Here it is in it's new home: View attachment 143489

And if anyone's interested, the S&W M10 from the day before when I just missed seeing the C308. I really have to stay away from Duffy's for a while now.
    View attachment 143490

Yeah I'm in my hibernation period now while my bank account heals. AND the Devil has let me know that he knows exactly what he can tempt me with once I walk back through the door.
    There's a reason why Vince has that screen-name :evilgrin3

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I'm gonna have Scott's do some work to mine. That rail and that "thing" on the end of the barrel absolutely have to go.

With the sling and new furniture I have coming it'll look cool when it's done though.:D

Like Tap said, that flash hider screws on. According to Century the barrel uses standard 5/8-24 threads.

The rail is a plus for me. My eyes aren't what they used to be, I can't do much at 100 yards without an optic. Some days seems like I can barely see a target at that distance with unaided vision.

Feb 28, 2013
    Isn't the "thing" just threaded on? I thought I heard Century's sales guy say that in a video.

I'm sure the barrel's threaded. But the muzzle device also looks like it's pinned with the pins welded. Why they did that is anyone's guess.:shrug:

Is the rail at least straight and level?

Probably. I just don't believe in rails on clones of classic battle rifles. It takes away from the look IMO.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

I wouldn't ditch the rail until you sight it in with irons first. My v93's front sight s a hair canted and thus it is too far off to be sighted in by adjusting the rear. Now it wears a rail and red dot.

Feb 28, 2013
    I wouldn't ditch the rail until you sight it in with irons first. My v93's front sight s a hair canted and thus it is too far off to be sighted in by adjusting the rear. Now it wears a rail and red dot.

Well, I ain't really lookin' for a tack driver. It's a battle rifle, or rather a clone of one, so if I can hit a roughly watermelon-sized target at 25 yards with the irons, then I'm happy.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Well, I ain't really lookin' for a tack driver. It's a battle rifle, or rather a clone of one, so if I can hit a roughly watermelon-sized target at 25 yards with the irons, then I'm happy.

It will prob be fine then but with mine I was shooting 100 yards and with the rear sight in the center I was a foot off target to the left. With the rear sight adjusted as far as it woud go, I was still on the far left of the target with no adjustment left. Once I added a rail and red dot I was able to bang out the bull at 100.

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Took the C308 to the range last weekend. For a parts gun, it functioned great, recoil was less than expected, and is very fun to shoot. For not being familiar with is platform, up to last week I have no regrets and would do it again, just in a different caliber. The Duffy Team is great to deal with as they're very knowledgeable and upfront.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Purchased one today from duffy's. First experience there, which is what it was. Great staff, all very helpful and easy going. Just be warned that you may leave with something you did not intend to.

Overall very pleased. Looking forward to trying out the c308.

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Purchased one today from duffy's. First experience there, which is what it was. Great staff, all very helpful and easy going. Just be warned that you may leave with something you did not intend to.

Overall very pleased. Looking forward to trying out the c308.

Very nice. I have a feeling you're going to like it. Agree the staff is top notch.

Did you notice if they had any PTR 32s in stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom