• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    China is not a larger economic power than the US. According to stats compiled by The World Bank, in 2011, the US had a world-leading GDP of approx. 15 trillion dollars. In second place was China, with a GDP of approx. 7.3 trillion dollars.

Yeah but is China $16trillion + in debt? I'm pretty sure most of our debt is owed to China anyway...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not at all. By eliminating labels we are forced to learn about the persons views and they are allowed to express them. No more "I'm voting for t because I'm a democrat."

Who gives a shit about their views. They are representatives. They should represent my views.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    The first step is get rid of democrats and republicans. The titles alone divide people, especially people who dont know any better.

Im 26 and saw that awhile ago....

I think that's the second step. Neither party is going anywhere without "the people" organizing to make it happen.

The first step is education. I'm not talking about fixing our public school system. That's been corrupted by politics too. We need to inform people so everyone agrees to get rid of all incumbent politicians.

Mass media is not our friend. Current politicians have power and businesses contribute expecting favors. The rich & powerful win campaigns by spending lots of money to get their name out there and this generates BIG BUSINESS for TV, newspapers and radio.

But social media...! Did you hear about Apple Ford the other day? The owner was a major campaign contributor to a delegate who supports SB281. When (due partly to social media) he learned the truth about SB281, he immediately called his Delegate and told him "no more money from me!" Turns out he is also an NRA Life Member.

Facebook and YouTube are not allowed in China for a reason!

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Who gives a shit about their views. They are representatives. They should represent my views.

And here lies the damn problem. I had the same damn argument with Dutch when he told me in good conscious he could not vote against an assault weapon ban because it would be against his ideals. I told him screw him and his ideals, it's about the will of voters that put him there. If he didn't know that, then he should resign.

Alex

Jan 19, 2013
    Montgomery County
    China is not a larger economic power than the US. According to stats compiled by The World Bank, in 2011, the US had a world-leading GDP of approx. 15 trillion dollars. In second place was China, with a GDP of approx. 7.3 trillion dollars.

True, China is technically still a smaller economy by that measure at this time, but I think a great number of economists would predict that status to be short lived, a decade more perhaps at best.

The discussion about who actually is the largest I think misses the point though. China is a country of a billion plus that is finally starting to reach something near its potential, no real surprise there. I think the more pertinent question is why the US is faltering so badly, regardless of what any other country might be doing.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    True, China is technically still a smaller economy by that measure at this time, but I think a great number of economists would predict that status to be short lived, a decade more perhaps at best.

The discussion about who actually is the largest I think misses the point though. China is a country of a billion plus that is finally starting to reach something near its potential, no real surprise there. I think the more pertinent question is why the US is faltering so badly, regardless of what any other country might be doing.

Agreed...we are tailing fast and starting to spin and although there is plenty of blame to go around, why not start with the bloodthirsty pirates in our National wheelhouse?

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Agreed...we are tailing fast and starting to spin and although there is plenty of blame to go around, why not start with the bloodthirsty pirates in our National wheelhouse?
    Free Ride.jpg

:innocent0

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Technically, they should represent the views of the totality of their constituents, not just your views.

If I ran for office, I would run based upon my ideals. If I was elected, I would assume that my ideals are what my constituents want. Problem is, not everybody would vote for me based upon ALL my ideals.

Obama takes this approach. He believes that because he was elected for a second term that EVERYBODY agrees with EVERYTHING he is for. Thing is, he might have just been re-elected because he was deemed to be the better of two morons at running the executive branch, or solely because he was willing to give out more cheese and bread than Romney. It might very well be that NOBODY, or maybe even just 20% of the voters, voted for him based upon his 2nd Amendment stance.

Feb 28, 2013
    And here lies the damn problem. I had the same damn argument with Dutch when he told me in good conscious he could not vote against an assault weapon ban because it would be against his ideals.

And this coming from a man who attempted a big expansion of the government's eminent domain powers? Anybody else remember the outrage from that one? I say he should've been tarred and feathered for that. Other voters may have short memories, but not this one.

Gee Dutch, how much money did you take for your attempt at that SB509 fiasco? You or your defenders can speak right up anytime.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Technically, they should represent the views of the totality of their constituents, not just your views.

I'd love access to data that proves they voted the will of their constituents.

Less than 40 anti's out of some 4,000 showed up at the big rally. Only a handful testified in favor of SB281.

These reps voted on emotion and the "I know what's best for you" mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom