• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I'm an Auto 5 guy if I am shooting anything other than a double gun. Its a design that has worked flawlessly for 100 years sort of like the 1911 of auto shotguns

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    I love my xtrema 2. It has yet to fail me running light 2 3/4 loads to heavy 3 1/2 mags. I've been abusing it for the past for few waterfowl season's. I can even load heavy 3 1/2 and light 2 3/4 loads at the same time and it cycles them without a problem.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    I hunt with a bunch of guys throughout the season. Half of them had Benellis and only one now shoots a SBE. Every guy with a Benelli has had functioning problems. They all got rid of their Benellis and bought Berettas. The one SBE holdout had a single shot the last time we hunted. No one will ever convince me that there's a better autoloader than a Beretta. Most of our group shoot 391 Extremas, while a couple of us shoot Urika IIs.

That said, I continue to run into those who swear by their Benellis. Just can't prove they are worth a damn by what I've seen. My only Benelli was a UL, which failed to work on several ocassions. I sold it. I've had three 391s, two 390s and a 303. They all worked.[/QUJI

I shoot a a5 and old al48 both do not shot 3 1/2 but are great shooters never fail ice cold rain ect but
    iv seen the same thing with benellis guys hitting them on the deck of the boat to unjamm them berettas would be my buy or new browning

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I might be leaning more towards that beretta now haha

This is just me, but I think you would be just fine without the kick off. It's nice and all, but not needed. If they offer free kick off then its a no brainer, but last time I checked between my legs I didn't see the need for spending an extra $200 it. Semi autos kick less than pumps already, low brass doesn't kick at all, and do you really feel the thump of a 3" or 3 1/2" when you have that bird or turkey in sight? I don't...Adreneline will take care of that.

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    I just want a good reliable gun that will shoot everytime, i dont care about how bad it kicks. I use a pump gun now and its not bad.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think a lot of the problem with the inertia guns is in the shouldering technique especially when you got a lot of clothes on.

I had about 9,800 hulls ran through an m2 with about a .5 percent failure rate. Probably a good 4,500 hulls were 1oz 1200 reloads. Some of the failures I counted in my percentage were pookey shots

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I think a lot of the problem with the inertia guns is in the shouldering technique especially when you got a lot of clothes on.

I had about 9,800 hulls ran through an m2 with about a .5 percent failure rate. Probably a good 4,500 hulls were 1oz 1200 reloads. Some of the failures I counted in my percentage were pookey shots

5% or .005%?

.5 is half which means that guns really sucks.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm sure it would have no real issue with stuff other than light target loads. Marginal failure rate at best.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    I have an SBE II. Used for ducks, geese, pheasant... One of the most reliable guns I own. 3-1/2s kick like a mule, but it is rock solid. I was so impressed I got a benelli turkey gun, and plan to get a dedicated slugger too. If they made an o/u, the only shotguns I would buy would be benelli. That being said, I have heard good thing about the beretta, and I will be getting one of their o/u....I Think u will be ok as long as you stick with the Italian autos you will be gtg.

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    Looks like my tax returns are enough to cover a new gun which was a major suprise, so i guess im leaning more towards the Beretta A400 Xtreme, does anyone know where I can pick on up locally besides cabelas?

travismxi

Nov 14, 2010
    I bought a super vinci as soon as it came out. the serial number is 000083. I've cleaned it twice once this time last year and just last week. my family is in the pool business so I'm off all winter and waterfowl hunt 3-4 times a week. it has never failed on me and as you can tell i do not take very good care of it. Just recently on a snow goose hunt i dropped a round picked it up blindly along with corn leaves and dirt, threw it all into the chamber loaded it and it shot. I think they are all great guns and you can't go wrong once you get into the beretta benelli level. go feel them and see what points best for you.

Last edited:

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    I bought a super vinci as soon as it came out. the serial number is 000083. I've cleaned it twice once this time last year and just last week. my family is in the pool business so I'm off all winter and waterfowl hunt 3-4 times a week. it has never failed on me and as you can tell i do not take very good care of it. Just recently on a snow goose hunt i dropped a round picked it up blindly along with corn leaves and dirt, threw it all into the chamber loaded it and it shot. I think they are all great guns and you can't go wrong once you get into the beretta benelli level. go feel them and see what points best for you.

Good to know, thanks for you're input sir!

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Looks like my tax returns are enough to cover a new gun which was a major suprise, so i guess im leaning more towards the Beretta A400 Xtreme, does anyone know where I can pick on up locally besides cabelas?

Bass Pro and Dick's might have them. Call local dealers before you go on a drive to find one. What area are you located in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom