• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    Im looking to get a new gun for waterfowl. I really like the benelli Super Vinci and the Super Black Eagle 2. I was just wondering if any of you guys have either of the 2 guns and can maybe voice your opinions.

thanks
    Grason

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Im looking to get a new gun for waterfowl. I really like the benelli Super Vinci and the Super Black Eagle 2. I was just wondering if any of you guys have either of the 2 guns and can maybe voice your opinions.

thanks
    Grason

I have the sbe2, great great gun!! Benelli customer service is awesome as well. Haven't shot the Vinci yet though so I'm obviously mildly biased.

I will say that sometimes mine has issues feeding 3 1/2 in shells for some reason.

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    I know thats one of the things they have been preaching about the super vinci is that it will fire light 2 3/4 loads or the hottest 3 1/2" loads with no issues.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I know thats one of the things they have been preaching about the super vinci is that it will fire light 2 3/4 loads or the hottest 3 1/2" loads with no issues.

No problem at all with low brass bird shot 2 3/4 just high brass feed issues. I gotta admit though I do love the sbe2 and would recommend it without hesitation. I've slayed some snow geese Canadians and ducks with it. It's also my slug gun, standard barrel I'm shoot 100 yards with federal tactical 2 3/4 slugs no problem.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Im not an inertia driven fan thus the reason I bought a Beretta Xtrema 2. My buddy's Benelli was damn near useless at the trap range. I have heard new Benellis are getting better at cycling low brass loads. I vote Xtrema 2, but one thing to keep in mind is that both the Beretta and Benelli have won multiple shotgun of the year awards. Im sure no matter what you buy, you will love it.

bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    I have a Super Black Eagle (Original) I use for Ducks and a Remington SP-10 for Geese. Both guns are exceptional. My original waterfowl gun was an 870. Every now and then I take the 870 out and put it through the paces. It doesn't miss a beat and it is 36 years old. I would waterfowl hunt with any of these guns and not think twice about it.

Have you been able to borrow a friends to try out in real time? Nothing like putting a gun through its paces when birds are dropping from the sky coming into the decoys.

I think it comes down to personal preference. Kind of like Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge vs. Toyota. I have friends who swear by Brownings, but would never own a Beretta. I believe as long as you take care of your gun your gun will take care of you. The only person who need to be happy with your purchase is you.

Good Luck in finding the right fit.

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    I vote for the Extrema 2 as well. I have the first run of the Beretta Xtrema 1.0 and it has never failed me. I also have a Benelli Nova pump as a back up gun. I don't think you can go wrong either way. 2 of my friends have the Super Black eagles and although hard for them to admit they like to shoot my Xtrema because it's lighter and nicer to the shoulder.

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    I have not voted out the beretta's either. my good buddy has the xtrema and that is a very nice gun and very will built. For the price of these things i would like to make sure i get the right one the first time. haha

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    Look at the Versa Max yet?

I checked it out down at bass pro, it looked to be better than the 11-87's but it felt like it weighed 2x what the benelli's weigh.

And thanks everyone for their input so far.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    haven't hunted with it yet, but skeet, sporting clays, wobble, five stand and 3 gun with my SBE-2 and no issues at all.

well, the only thing it doesn't like is the super cheap stuff at the bull run skeet shop. but it runs everything from dicks and walmart, including slugs. I have not shot any 3" or larger thru it yet.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I hunt with a bunch of guys throughout the season. Half of them had Benellis and only one now shoots a SBE. Every guy with a Benelli has had functioning problems. They all got rid of their Benellis and bought Berettas. The one SBE holdout had a single shot the last time we hunted. No one will ever convince me that there's a better autoloader than a Beretta. Most of our group shoot 391 Extremas, while a couple of us shoot Urika IIs.

That said, I continue to run into those who swear by their Benellis. Just can't prove they are worth a damn by what I've seen. My only Benelli was a UL, which failed to work on several ocassions. I sold it. I've had three 391s, two 390s and a 303. They all worked.

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    Those things are so light its crazy. it seems like a good gun, but I wanted personal experience before I buy one.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point

:party29: Very nice

It's nice to see you are opting for quality over cost. "Buy once cry once" is a common motto around here you seem to have that in mind based on the choices you are throwing out there. Blackthorne is right, you will find guys who only swear by Benelli, you will find guys who only swear by Beretta, and then you will find a bunch of people saying both are great choices. My experience is that I have seen more Benellis fail over Berettas, but thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom