• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    I currently use an 1187 that was a gift and it is adequate in every way. But if I were buying I would go with the Beretta 390 series; I like their looks, they feel light and nimble and shoulder very naturally for me. I've handled the Vinci and its stock/rib configuration felt more like a target gun that you would premount for the best fit.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    RednekRebel and I ran some rounds though our shotguns today. He has a 391 and I have the Xtrema 2. His 391 ran flawlessly expect when we tried to make it jam, which I was successful at doing. We were shooting multiple types of low brass loads. He had Federals and I had some different Remington shells. The only way to get the 391 to jam was by not shouldering the gun, but instead holding it low and shooting. This caused the rounds to jam as they tried to eject. The 391 failed 1 out of 4 times, the xtrema failed every time. This is not how you will shoot in the woods, but if you limp it, it may fail. I did notice that it took about 40 rounds or so for my bolt to start locking back with the Remingtons I was shooting. When I ran his Federals My bolt locked back on the last shot and I did have a problem where the shell did not cycle into the chamber properly. It was cold and we figured we might see a few hiccups and only saw 1, but that could have also been the ammo. The shell that caused the problem was the oldest one I had. If you shoot the gun properly and break it in, you should not have any problems with it ever. It seemed like after about 40 rounds or so the gun really started running great. All types of ammo made the bolt lock back on the last shot and no more problems.

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    Well, I got my new gun Friday night. I ended up with the Beretta A400 Xtreme in camo. I took it out saturday and it shoots awesome. It cycled light target loads and everthing up to 3 1/2 as fast as you can pull the trigger. The kick off stock thingy it kinda cool. The 3 1/2" shells were not bad at all compared to other guns ive shot without it.

beretta1.jpg

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    have been shooting mine for 3 seasons not one problem or hicup.
    it eats everything I feed it and has come threw even when it was frozen over when sea duck hunting.

Thats good to know, I think this Beretta should hold up pretty well. I had my first sea duck hunt a few months back towards the end of the season. I just have to say I cant wait for this coming season. That was some of the most fun ive had.

ctucker1405

Dec 27, 2010
    Owings Mills, MD
    Just bought a Beretta Urika 2 for dove, turkey, duck, etc seasons coming up this year. Dad was jealous so he bought the Extrema 2 :rolleyes:. Bag his first turkey of the season 30 minutes into opening day (Alabama).

Very nice guns. I've been doing a lot of trap shooting with mine, getting ready to knock down some doves later this year.

Your A400 looks real nice...same camo print as mine. :thumbsup:

Chris

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    I could not be happier with this gun, Ive shot probably 10 rounds of skeet with it so far and I have not had one jam. It shoots any shell as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    Good Choice. I have Beretta Extrema first generation and have shot probably 2000 shells thru it from 2 3/4 low brass all the way up to 3 1/2 in turkey loads. The turkey loads do hurt though. The 3 1/2 steel not so much.

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    Good Choice. I have Beretta Extrema first generation and have shot probably 2000 shells thru it from 2 3/4 low brass all the way up to 3 1/2 in turkey loads. The turkey loads do hurt though. The 3 1/2 steel not so much.

I shot some pretty heavy 3 1/2" shells through it, Im suprised at how well the kick off system works. It felt very light compared to when I shot them from my buddies gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom