• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Can someone with an FFL explain step by step in detail what happens when a regulated firearm is purchased. NORMALLY.

1. Go FFL and fill out State and Federal Forms.

Ok then what?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    1--Select regulated firearm.

2--Fill out application and pay MSP 10 dolla.

3--Rant about the wait on MDS for 90 to 120 days.

4--Pick-up regulated firearm.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007

2--Fill out application and pay MSP.

I was trying to find out what happens under normal conditions. NO ONE can explain whats going on now. Also #1 you put "pay MSP". What do you pay them for? Bought many registered guns and never paid MSP anything.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I was trying to find out what happens under normal conditions. NO ONE can explain whats going on now. Also #1 you put "pay MSP". What do you pay them for? Bought many registered guns and never paid MSP anything.

And every regulated gun you bought you PAID the MSP 10 dolla.

90 is the new normal. What do they say about age? Oh yeah--90 is the new 7.

We will NEVER see a 7 day wait in this STATE again.

EVER!!!

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    And every regulated gun you bought you PAID the MSP 10 dolla.

90 is the new normal. What do they say about age? Oh yeah--90 is the new 7.

We will NEVER see a 7 day wait in this STATE again.

EVER!!!

Never say never, as soon as all the pre Oct 1 sales are done, you will see normal since no one wants to get fingerprinted or get all the other BS. Sales will be way down and thats what Gov assclown wants. But right now I am helping you hijack my thread.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

You don't pay them directly but ffl does. You will see an item on your receipt saying so.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Never say never, as soon as all the pre Oct 1 sales are done, you will see normal since no one wants to get fingerprinted or get all the other BS. Sales will be way down and thats what Gov assclown wants. But right now I am helping you hijack my thread.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Just trying to lighten the load.

We all need to breath or we're going to contract heart disease.

Then the guns will be like: But I just saw him 3 months ago and he seemed fine then.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Sorry for the hi-jack.

Just trying to lighten the load.

We all need to breath or we're going to contract heart disease.

Then the guns will be like: But I just saw him 3 months ago and he seemed fine then.

Damn well true. Sorry for being "short" with you. Frustrated as hell. Things like this should be easy to answer.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013

2--Fill out application and pay MSP 10 dolla.

I would suggest adding step 1.5-- Pay FFL for firearm (cash) preferred:D

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I have a pretty good feeling it goes like this:

2. FFL faxes your paperwork to the MSP

3. Your original paperwork either stays with your gun in the safe or is separately filed.

4. MSP does their thing and faxes back the Not disapproved.

5. FFL stamps your paperwork not disapproved and enters the MSP dates, then calls you to pick up.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Here is how it works:
    You select the firearm, purchase it, then fill out one Federal 4473, the MD Mental health release form, and the two part 77R. I then fax the 77R & mental health release to MSP. Under normal circumstances, they fax back the application along with the NICS transaction number and either a "NOT DISAPPROVED" or "DISAPPROVED" stamp within 7 days. Then you come in, sign the state and federal forms, and take delivery of the firearm. That is all that occurs on your end. Afterwards, I have to forward the top copy to MSP via mail, along with the ballistic fingerprint (when applicable), log the gun out to you in the log book, log the gun out in the computerized records, retain and file our copy of the 77R, as well as file the federal 4473, which must have MSP's NICS transaction number and the date of NICS check added to it. Hope that covers all the bases and answers your question.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Here is how it works:
    You select the firearm, purchase it, then fill out one Federal 4473, the MD Mental health release form, and the two part 77R. I then fax the 77R & mental health release to MSP. Under normal circumstances, they fax back the application along with the NICS transaction number and either a "NOT DISAPPROVED" or "DISAPPROVED" stamp within 7 days. Then you come in, sign the state and federal forms, and take delivery of the firearm. That is all that occurs on your end. Afterwards, I have to forward the top copy to MSP via mail, along with the ballistic fingerprint (when applicable), log the gun out to you in the log book, log the gun out in the computerized records, retain and file our copy of the 77R, as well as file the federal 4473, which must have MSP's NICS transaction number and the date of NICS check added to it. Hope that covers all the bases and answers your question.

Good summary.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I have a pretty good feeling it goes like this:

2. FFL faxes your paperwork to the MSP

3. Your original paperwork either stays with your gun in the safe or is separately filed.

4. MSP does their thing and faxes back the Not disapproved.

5. FFL stamps your paperwork not disapproved and enters the MSP dates, then calls you to pick up.

But what exactly is "their thing"?

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Here is how it works:

During the HB281 fiasco, there was much talk about MD not using NICS. So do they or not? Also what does MSP do to gain NOT DISAPPROVED on a application? What is the procedure?

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    During the HB281 fiasco, there was much talk about MD not using NICS. So do they or not? Also what does MSP do to gain NOT DISAPPROVED on a application? What is the procedure?

For non-regulated, the FFL runs NICS directly. In the case of regulated, MSP is the one who runs the NICS. I think what you're referring to with SB281 is the fact that Maryland doesn't report a lot of information to NICS that they probably should, thus requiring the MSP to look up that information separately. There are ~17 databases (you can find the list elsewhere on this forum) that the MSP checks to verify, and those databases include NICS as well as the local info that may disqualify you but that wouldn't be reported to the FBI (NICS).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom