• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    What's the difference between this class and the AAFG class?
    The TCSC class that Pete Ott runs is good for brand-new shooters, but is also good for people who have been shooting IDPA for a while. You will talk about safety (the aafg orientation focuses on safety issues specific to their range, & is a requirement to shoot their matches), but you will also shot. A lot. You'll leave excited & wondering why you didn't take that class sooner.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    For the class at TCSC, do you need to bring your rig? I ordered the Bladetech setup for my taurus , but not sure when it will get here.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    For the class at TCSC, do you need to bring your rig? I ordered the Bladetech setup for my taurus , but not sure when it will get here.

Yes, but if you're lacking any gear, email Pete and let him know, he may be able to help. Inexpensive holsters for Taurus 92's/Beretta 92's usualy aren't difficult to find. You may check local gun stores, but also Bass Pro Shop may have them. You can probably also find a more generic holster that can fit the Taurus.

Last edited:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Is it common for each range to have a course specific to their (competition) rules? I hope they are not all 4 hours.
    Each club will usually have an orientation specific to their facilities, but the class that Pete Ott teaches is over & above the TCSC orientation, & is mostly used to give new shooters an introduction to practical pistol style shooting.

However, each club that hosts IDPA matches will conduct those matches using the same IDPA rules of competition as all other clubs that host IDPA matches. The differences may be things like muzzle safe-zones, & whether the range is a "cold range" or "hot range" or a variation.

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Today's class was about 3 hours. It included basic review of IDPA competition, some dry fire practice, and safety rules specific to the facilities. Class was taught by Ed O. - a very skilled and kind instructor, tough about things that need it, clear, concise and encouraging. A great experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tse3gbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom