• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Now if only I looked into that ammo cabinet and saw Hornady LeveRevolution .35 Remington, and 45/70 sitting on the shelf. I got surprised seeing .300 Blackout so you never know....

I recently got stocked on Fiocchi 300 BLK for my bolt as PSA was selling it at $0.40/round. The stuff is dicey in AR platforms as some lots blow primer caps, but testing known bad lots in my bolt went without issue. That said, it's good to see (or hear of) the increasing presence of 300 BLK at big box retailers.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Did you happen to see what the asking price of the 1894 was in the Laplata store? I fear my poor kids may not get Christmas presents this year :o

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Even a Remington $600 is fair in SS. I paid that much for a used one off a member here a couple years back. Now its a JM but.............that was also a couple years back.

The JM stamped guns can be worth 2 to 3 times depending on caliber and model then what the new 1s from Remington make now. The 3 JM lever guns I have are smooth as glass !

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Remlins come with free Band-Aids just in case you cut yourself on the sharp edges.

Jeweler's files and fine emory cloth can fix that though.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    As of 2 hours ago, there is a Marlin 1895 in .45-70 Gov't. at the Wally World, in La Plata.
    The price was $589.99.

I had it in my hands. REM proofmark.
    Walnut stocks. Not the prettiest stocks I've ever seen, but, nice.
    Pistol gripped stock, not the straight stock.
    22 inch barrel.
    Blued.

The action was locked up with a chastity belt. No way to open the action to get a look inside.

No 1894 Marlin in .44 magnum.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I feared that a 1894 Marlin .44Mag would not be sitting in that Laplata Walmart gun cabinet. Thank you for saving me a long drive. Never have seen a 1894 or 95 for that matter at Walmart, hopefully a 94 shows up at the local store.

garciacorp

Have fun, Shoot straight!
    Dec 9, 2011
    La Plata, MD
    I feared that a 1894 Marlin .44Mag would not be sitting in that Laplata Walmart gun cabinet. Thank you for saving me a long drive. Never have seen a 1894 or 95 for that matter at Walmart, hopefully a 94 shows up at the local store.

They have the 1894, it is in the back. Price is $619.00. Talked to guy named Jason

byf43

They have the 1894, it is in the back. Price is $619.00. Talked to guy named Jason

Hey Cap'n!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at work, now, but, I'm willing to go down to "the plate" and ask Jason to show me the 1894, this evening, IF you want.

Lemme know. La Plata isn't "that far" from Waldawf! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(They had a cute little Henry lever action .22lr in the case that was less than $300.00, too!)

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I MUST resist! Christmas is like 40 days away, how can I let the children down. A pack of underwear and couple pair of socks just don't cut it anymore, especially if the kiddies catch Dad fondling his new Marlin in the basement. Even worse laying beside his three other Marlins. I MUST resist. If it is a .357 gun I will be okay, just back slowly away from the gun counter but..... if it is stamped .44MAGNUM......oh, those poor children.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I MUST resist! Christmas is like 40 days away, how can I let the children down. A pack of underwear and couple pair of socks just don't cut it anymore, especially if the kiddies catch Dad fondling his new Marlin in the basement. Even worse laying beside his three other Marlins. I MUST resist. If it is a .357 gun I will be okay, just back slowly away from the gun counter but..... if it is stamped .44MAGNUM......oh, those poor children.

Give them candy canes !! Kids love candy canes . Also IOUs could work lol !

byf43

Believe me....... I know the feeling.

1895G - .45-70
    1895CB - .45-70
    1894CB - .44 mag

They are joined by:
    Winchester 94 Trapper - .44 mag
    Winchester 9422 XTR - .22 S, L, LR.

The $$$ isn't the issue, for me. The issue is - "Where in the H E double hockey sticks am I gonna put it???? The safe is FULL!"

:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom