Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    IMG_20110225_135842.jpg

:party29:

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    they removed the cases a while back(maybe 3 years ago) i go in a few times a week and was told back in Oct they were coming back after the new year and sure enough today they 2 new displays up:thumbsup:

citizen x

Dec 15, 2009
    your momma
    I've had a few conversations with the lady who runs the sporting goods section in Mt. Airy,shes from Montanna and she was trying to get a wider selection of ammo and bring the guns back to that store.Looks like she succeeded with the guns because that display was not there the last time I went there.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Awesome!
    I will drive out of my way to shop that Walmart. As a matter of fact, that's really the only Walmart we go to any more. The people there are much friendlier and helpful, both the employees and the clientele.

MH

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The big picture bottom loine is more affected by expansion plans than individual store sporting good sales . The next time they think it would help get zoned one supercenter , guns ( or anything else) will get thrown under the bus again.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    They must not be winning enough points with Bloomberg to open up in NYC by not selling guns.

Ding, ding, ding! Give that man a Kewpie Doll.

Walmart is also not producing the sales that were expected in the US. The blame went to dollar stores (underselling Walamrt) and their propensity to carry smaller quantities. Walmart is changing their inventory schemes (reviewing them at least) across the board in response.

Guns are probably a profitable use of their floor space in their stores. Given that NY seems to be adamant about keeping Walmart out, there is every chance that what you said is exactly correct.

Splitter

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    The big picture bottom loine is more affected by expansion plans than individual store sporting good sales . The next time they think it would help get zoned one supercenter , guns ( or anything else) will get thrown under the bus again.

They should bring them back to the other stores they took them out of, Ordnance Rd. Glen Burnie, Laurel, and Dundalk. Those stores either are or were expanded in the same space, so no changes to the zoning. They proved with the new store in Severn three years ago that they could still get zoning for new store sites.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    They should bring them back to the other stores they took them out of, Ordnance Rd. Glen Burnie, Laurel, and Dundalk. Those stores either are or were expanded in the same space, so no changes to the zoning. They proved with the new store in Severn three years ago that they could still get zoning for new store sites.

I'll ask the manager at the Walt-Mart store today.

2A forever

Oct 25, 2008
    Sykesville,Carroll Cty.
    I ,for one, am not so easily impressed. This is the same company that left

the shooting community behind at the bequest of some power hungry dough-

bags in NY and now I'm supposed to come back and applaud this

patronizingly obvious act....NO WAY HUSSEIN!!! I have been doing just fine

shopping elsewhere and haven't missed them one iota!

Not to mention the fact that there is never anyone working in sporting

goods to help you anyhow,and when you want some ammo the guy with the

only set of keys is on break......screw Wal-mart and their sell us out

mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads