• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    You are on to the idea that most mass shooters have clear, diagnosed psychiatric disease.

Or perhaps you think I should be prohibited because I take an SSRI?
    You didn't ask me, but I'll answer a resounding "hell no" to your ultimate question.

I think what he was getting at is that SSRI's can have deleterious effects, particularly in younger patients. And, a step further, some parents will rather simply toss their kid some psychotropic medications to sweep an issue under the rug rather than actually addressing why Timmy wants to wear dresses (or draws pictures of violent murder)....

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    You didn't ask me, but I'll answer a resounding "hell no" to your ultimate question.

I think what he was getting at is that SSRI's can have deleterious effects, particularly in younger patients. And, a step further, some parents will rather simply toss their kid some psychotropic medications to sweep an issue under the rug rather than actually addressing why Timmy wants to wear dresses (or draws pictures of violent murder)....
    I'm not sure who the Doc is addressing, But you Sir are exactly accurate in what I was stating, although you were more concise.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    i don’t even know. COVID brain fog.
    Understood, I've been lucky enough to not contract Covid (Yet ?), but the prevagen has helped with my disability. However like you, I'll always have my Hair ! So I've got that going for me :lol2:

Feb 28, 2013
    I realize that I may be called out but I need to sound off about carrying . Some have carried for a living and some have carried for self protection but what I have learned since 2013 is walk away if you can.
    Take a deep breath and think about things.
    Now some things you will have not have time. But try to de-escalate if it is a building argument please walk away.

I think as a member we should talk about what is important.
    Wise advice for anyone considering carrying

Arm yourself, but always with the hope that you’ll never have to use it. Let your goal be to live to see another day, not to make sure someone else doesnt

Now I’ll sit back and wait for somebody to tell me how what I said here means I got no business carrying

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Wise advice for anyone considering carrying

Arm yourself, but always with the hope that you’ll never have to use it. Let your goal be to live to see another day, not to make sure someone else doesnt

Now I’ll sit back and wait for somebody to tell me how what I said here means I got no business carrying
    When folks believe that looking for a way to deescalate a possible armed conflict situation, is a bad thing. THEY should maybe consider not carrying any weapon.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I haven’t read the whole thread but I will say that I am a lot more easy going about things when I have a gun on my hip since I never want to have to use it.

rcreynolds

Nov 4, 2015
    I realize that I may be called out but I need to sound off about carrying . Some have carried for a living and some have carried for self protection but what I have learned since 2013 is walk away if you can.
    Now some things you will have not have time. But try to de-escalate if it is a building argument please walk away.

If I felt I needed to carry then I'd move. But I'm not opposed to those who choose too.

Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016

It is what we were taught in carry class, pulling the gun was the last resort, getting out of the situation and walking away was your first choice if possible.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If I felt I needed to carry then I'd move. But I'm not opposed to those who choose too.
    I respect your right to choose to carry or not to carry, my wife had her permit and she let it lapse years ago. I am not forcing my own wife to carry.
    She did say i could protect her, not sure how that works without us being connected at the hip. But do what makes you happy

Last edited:

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Here is some sound advice from a concealed carry course I took a couple decades ago that has stuck with me:

When you carry, you don't have a temper and you don't drink alcohol.

Don'tTread13

Dec 19, 2012
    As someone that travels to Baltimore City often, my willingness to enter into any type of confrontation has always been tempered by the logical consideration: Who has more to lose in this situation? Plenty of individuals in the City carry without a permit because they don't worry about getting busted...a short stint in jail is simply going to mean reliable meals and a slightly softer bed than what they're used to...and that's if they actually do any time at all. The whole "an armed society is a polite society" went out the window in the 1800's. One of the best lines from the Magnificent Seven is when Chris is talking about the life of a gunfighter and says "men you step aside for...none". That's the movies.

In real life, the first person you shoot will have family members that will sue you for wrongful death. You could be completely justified in your actions, 100% protected by the affirmative defense of self-defense, win any criminal action brought against you, and still lose a wrongful death civil action. So if you ever find yourself trying to do the math, consider your potential action and the necessity of it to protect your life or the life of the ones you love, and then weigh that against everything you own, everything you've accumulated in your life, every aspect of the life you've spent years building. Whatever the other party's family doesn't get, the lawyers will.

Magnificent Seven - Movie Quotes

Don'tTread13

Dec 19, 2012
    Yum. Liver and onions! Brian Boru has fantastic liver and onions.
    ef8efc5d67ca5a34f9e2535b9fc03c0c.jpg
    e2e9c20c98cc726e5a03fcc8d848e817.jpg
    The bright line tracing the decay of society runs through a lengthy period of people becoming ridiculously entitled. This period is capped off with a period in which even some productive members of society suddenly felt as though everything they did was important to everyone else. This period is often depicted in history books as the time when everyone felt compelled to take pictures of their food and share them with complete strangers. :bannana:

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Walk away is always best and the less communication the better. Why? Because if you have to pull your gun, you must always be prepared with the intent to pull the trigger. Note: Intent.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The bright line tracing the decay of society runs through a lengthy period of people becoming ridiculously entitled. This period is capped off with a period in which even some productive members of society suddenly felt as though everything they did was important to everyone else. This period is often depicted in history books as the time when everyone felt compelled to take pictures of their food and share them with complete strangers. :bannana:
    :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom