• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    That bit about the Three Stupid Rule is spot on

Carrying should not make you feel invincible. Do not take it as a reason to suddenly start traveling in shitty spots in Baltimore. Continue to act in your own defense in all ways

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The best way to win a gun fight is to avoid being in one in the first place. Prudent forethought and correct attitude are orders of magnitude more important than things like 9mm vs. .45, single stack vs. double stack, OWB vs. appendix, night sights vs. WPL, etc. etc.

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    This will necessitate a change in how I drive. I use my middle finger a lot. I'm not an aggressive driver but damn I hate the ones that are
    Same here…I am exactly the same way. Have spent the last couple weeks consciously working on keeping my blood pressure down while driving in anticipation of carrying a few months down the road.

Great and timely thread.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You absolutely must commit to avoid confrontation if at all possible while carrying.

I've thought about this a lot lately since I hope to carry soon. I'm a bit of a hot head and am not afraid to step in to an argument when appropriate. I need to revisit my feelings on this.

I've also thought a lot about how I will be carrying for the protection of myself and my family. The police are there to defend the greater public. I am not the police. Now I hope that I would have the courage to not let something horrid happen but if my first option is to run I'll take it

This right here will be determined by your proximity to the threat.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    My wife is kind of convinced that there will now be all sorts of people out there carrying who aren't really responsible enough to safely do so.
    that's what the Maryland anti's are saying, and it's absolute bullsh1t. that's what they said when carry was coming into vogue years & decades ago, there will be "blood on the streets" from all the wild west shootouts, and that has NOT happened.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just.........
    walk.jpg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Great points for those who can use it OP :thumbsup:

There are times in life for everything under the sun. Those who choose their path wisely, will have more time and more choices.

Going out in a blaze of glory… is STILL going out. Don’t do that for the wrong reasons.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    For me (and I would like to think for most other folks as well), the CCW is about peace of mind knowing that I have an absolute last resort within arms reach if ever needed. That said I would die a happy man if I could live the rest of my life and never even have to debate pulling my firearm in a crap situation.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****I see the gun as well as CCW in general as basically emergency equipment. I'm doing everything I can to get the heck out of a situation that might require it, but it is there in case there is no other option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom