• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neversatisfiedj

Apr 16, 2013
    So I picked up my AR after 10 weeks of waiting.
    I know I have to wait 31 days before reg any new gun.
    Will I have a 10 week wait time again since I just had background check done 3 weeks ago ?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    1) Get a collector's status. It's free and easy.
    2) You don't have to wait 30 days after "not disapproved" to make another purchase, only 30 days after the 77r is initially submitted. Your window to buy something new began 6 weeks ago.

Yes, you will have to wait 10 weeks all over again. Sucks.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Will I have a 10 week wait time again since I just had background check done 3 weeks ago ?

1) Get a collector's status. It's free and easy.
    2) You don't have to wait 30 days after "not disapproved" to make another purchase, only 30 days after the 77r is initially submitted. Your window to buy something new began 6 weeks ago.

Yes, you will have to wait 10 weeks all over again. Sucks.

I think its funny that you both said in 30 days you will have to wait another 10 weeks. Try another 15 weeks or more.

As suggested, get your DC pronto. Those are running about 50 days or so since I got mine (3/12 to 5/1) which will remove the restriction of once every 30 days. You could also find an FFL who will submit regardless since it has been more than 30 days since you last submitted.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    As I understand it (the AG opinion is up on Smigiel's site at www.delegatemike.com so check me if I'm incorrect, you have to wait 30 days after you come into posession of the last one. If the "background check" takes longer than that then fine but I'm hoping there will be some movement in this soon! Lets say there was no delay in background checks...you could pay for a gun a day for a week but you cannot pick up more than one every 30 days.

Hope that helps!

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I saw on another thread that Ms Brock(MSP) said on the 5/15/13 that if you were buying that day you could expect to get your paperwork back around November and by October 1st the wait will be a whole year. What people aren't realizing is the wait time is growing at almost an exponential rate. What used to take half a month to a month back in January is already creeping its way past 3 months. Also as we get closer to the october 1st deadline we are going to see more buying as people start having enough saved up to pay for their soon to be banned wish list items.

FFLs are submitting more applications then MSP can process EVERY SINGLE DAY. The backlog is growing and there is really no end in site.

The only options at this point are:
    1)Find an FFL who will release on day 8((ie. without MSP paperwork)
    2)Wait it out and hope that the MSI law suit pans out and sets a new precedent on how applications are handled

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I saw on another thread that Ms Brock(MSP) said on the 5/15/13 that if you were buying that day you could expect to get your paperwork back around November and by October 1st the wait will be a whole year. What people aren't realizing is the wait time is growing at almost an exponential rate. What used to take half a month to a month back in January is already creeping its way past 3 months. Also as we get closer to the october 1st deadline we are going to see more buying as people start having enough saved up to pay for their soon to be banned wish list items.

FFLs are submitting more applications then MSP can process EVERY SINGLE DAY. The backlog is growing and there is really no end in site.

2)Wait it out and hope that the MSI law suit pans out and sets a new precedent on how applications are handled

For people waiting on multiple submissions, a not-disapproved letter should be sufficient to have everything you are waiting for released.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012

Never thought I'd be able to get NFA items faster than a goddamn handgun in this piece of trash state

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    You could do what I just did. I filled out the paperwork for one firearm at one dealer, then, I drove to another dealer and picked up my firearm after that. You just have to time it all right so that you can fill out all those little no boxes and make sure you pass your background check.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

On the one hand sucks, on the other fu mom.

I just put one in the pipe.

Now consider this -- what happens when one of pending transfers is mooted by the buyer moving, like out of state. Even under normal times people change jobs.... odds are it will happen.

While it does stink think of the bricks mom will shit if we can get the total of firearms transfer to say 100K. :)

I think a good full mom goal is to double the number of legal owned firearms in MD by 2014 and then double again by 2016.

It would also be good if the number of new gun owners double as well.

;)

Happy birthday mom, this glocks for you. :)

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    For people waiting on multiple submissions, a not-disapproved letter should be sufficient to have everything you are waiting for released.

Nonononono be-be-be ummm because you....you...ahhhh....you may have walked out and instantly commited a crime with your brand new gun. You know a crime that we wouldnt know about bc you didnt get arrested but will magically show up on the check the super troopers do in licensing division. They are so good with their checks they actually found jimmy hoffa

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom