• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    vz2008 Fixed stock

The Czechpoint version has a chromed barrel, the VZ2008 does not. That's the major difference.

I have both and shoot both, my VZ2008 came with a canted front sight but that was easy to fix. The Czech one is a little tighter overall and I prefer it, but will sell neither. $500 for a Century VZ is a decent value IMO, there's a lot to like about the rifle design and Century has generally done a decent job not to screw it up. I don't particularly care for the folder but it's an easy swap for a fixed stock. Or you can wrap it in pipe insulation to keep you cheekbone from getting beaten up.

Do you have any source for purchasing the fixed stock ?

Jul 23, 2013
    Regarding fixed or folding stock. I took the folder off because I like the lines of the fixed stock. Purchased it on Ebay.

The weapon still gives you a nice punch to the shoulder. Much more than the SKS IMO. I'm thinking because it's a light rifle it offers less resistance. This recoil pad fit perfect on the fixed stock if anyone is thinking about one.

IMO the recoil pad detracts from the beauty of the weapon but it's functional at the range and can easily be removed.

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Before I bought mine, I thought I'd hate the folding stock but after shooting it I don't mind it one bit shooting with the stock folded was a lot of fun as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom