• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    even the ones that "won" by thousands but were unopposed could be seriously challenged.

We have to ensure that no one runs unopposed, either in the primary or the general election. Unopposed candidates short circuit our political system; our system is all about choice between candidates. Not to mention that there's no reason--even a bad one--to give anyone a free ticket to Annapolis.

Last edited:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Lou Simmons is probably low-hanging fruit to be replaced in the next primary. His history on domestic violence issues is on par with something you'd expect from an ogre and he's always in a "top three" district race. A good dem challenger in the primary could unseat him, which would be a great feather in our cap as he's been there forever and also sits on House Judiciary.

For those who don't know, this is the guy I am talking about. A few years ago he treated a mother of three murdered children so poorly in a committee hearing that women's groups actually made complaints to Vallario about it. Bring up his domestic violence legislative history, trumpet it to all who will listen, and give the female voters in his district someone more likeable to vote for (not hard to find) and he's out.

For anyone not familiar, he's the class act referred to here:

http://dumpluizsimmons.blogspot.com/2010/03/attention-maryland-you-have-some-pigs.html

MikeFly

Sep 16, 2012
    Carroll County
    Lou Simmons is probably low-hanging fruit to be replaced in the next primary. His history on domestic violence issues is on par with something you'd expect from an ogre and he's always in a "top three" district race. A good dem challenger in the primary could unseat him, which would be a great feather in our cap as he's been there forever and also sits on House Judiciary.

For those who don't know, this is the guy I am talking about. A few years ago he treated a mother of three murdered children so poorly in a committee hearing that women's groups actually made complaints to Vallario about it. Bring up his domestic violence legislative history, trumpet it to all who will listen, and give the female voters in his district someone more likeable to vote for (not hard to find) and he's out.

http://dumpluizsimmons.blogspot.com/2010/03/attention-maryland-you-have-some-pigs.html

Class act is an understatement. How on earth..... never mind, this is Maryland politics

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    In some districts, yes, in others, like mine (21) the district changes in what I think is a good way. District 21 looses the Howard and Ann Arundel portions of Laurel and the portion of MD City north of 197. District 21 picks up the rural area of Odenten, Ft. Meade, Prince Orchard and Gambrils in Ann Arundel.

If we start now in those new areas and educate them on how there future delegates have voted, I am betting we could get more than just Frush, we might get Barnes and (Gasp!) Pena-Melnyk.

It is up to each of us in our respective districts to look at the new maps and see how they affect us. I have done mine for the northern part of District 21, I will look at the rest of the district and others and start parsing out changes.

As for 21 hopefully we can also get rid if Senator Rosa pee pee as my daughter used to pronounce his name. He is always a jerk. At one event about 2 years ago he told me he was Senator Rosapepe. I responded by saying I know and I dont give a s**t.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    We need a list of dems who won their primaries by a 'narrow' margin. Under 1k, listed by district. Is this on he Dino web site?

Also... Dems that won by larger margins but could easily be beaten if 2 of the opposing candidates combined votes.

Then we need to put together a list of any and all local publications within that district (newsletters, weekly flyers... Anything with ad space).

That might not work how you think. For instance in District 32 the Democrats ran unopposed in there primary's in both 2006 and 2010 but the Republicans came really close to picking one of them off in 2006 not as close in 2010. So District 32 might be a good spot to attempt a pick off but there is no numbers to show it.

Thanks
    Robert

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Need to get voter registration forms into all the shops and ranges, and anywhere else that would be useful, along with the why you need to register as one of Dem' DINO handouts. So few people get out and vote at elections that they do not think are important, that simply showing up and voting will give us a huge lead.

I am blessed with living in 33A, and the incumbents seem to be strongly Pro-2A

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Heck , even if the Bad Guys survive the primary challenge , it will drain their funds and manpower for the General .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Simmons i have heard is running for Senate and might face a challenge from the left Kagan).

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    what does it take to run?

I've heard a lot of discussion about finding candidates but not so much about what it takes. We have a lot of DINO's "coming out", can you flip parties to run as a DINO or will that quickly be a deal breaker when campaigning. How much money would a campaign cost? What would it entail? Would it be best to try to get in as a Dem to capture the "vote the party line" votes or to try to get Republican voters inspired. I think that the momentum that we have been getting with this issue will likely inspire a host of new voters but it will be necessary to keep up this momentum and educating the new voters on the good candidates - whether D or R.

I'd bet that our movement would be best served by getting conservative Dem's in office in MD. DINO's will be the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom