• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You guys are missing the point.

If she's put on something she inevitably fails at it.

I don't see a downside.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Her ineptitude aside, the border is a problem they do not want to solve. Firearm ownership is a "problem" they want to solve. Only thing standing in their way is the SCOTUS. Where do you think we would be if HRC was POTUS in 2016.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    yes people who are proven to have hallucination issues, or PTSD form the war should be kept away from weapons. They might see a stranger on the road with cell phone and see it as a taliban calling in for bomb activations
    A diagnosis of PTSD does not mean one is a danger to society.

If someone is having hallucinations..they should be treated.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A diagnosis of PTSD does not mean one is a danger to society.

If someone is having hallucinations..they should be treated.
    In fact, mental illness itself is not associated with a higher incidence of violence than the general population….except when substance abuse is present.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    unless we're ruled by a dictorator mental illness is determined by a 3rd party unbias psychiatrist.
    Did you know schizophrenia no longer exists as a disorder based on the manual these "unbiased" professionals reference. Also transgender is no longer a mental disorder. So tell me how are these "unbiased" professionals going to help.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    yes people who are proven to have hallucination issues, or PTSD form the war should be kept away from weapons. They might see a stranger on the road with cell phone and see it as a taliban calling in for bomb activations
    Nope sorry IF banning someone from firearms due to mental illness is a solution it must need to be more sophisticated then just a blanket PSTD diagnosis. The problem lies in the lack of good and extensive medical care. We are now as a country experiencing the results of shutting down mental institutions in the early eighties during the Reagan administration forward.

Merica is no different then any other country as far as mentally ill people in their demographics except for the LACK of available resources that WE have for them. Yes we have the 2nd Amendment that others do not but that is more the reason we should have extensive mental health care regardless of availability to pay for as long as it’s needed without restrictions on length and level of care. It will be COSTLY but it really is the only compromise we have. Unless of course you believe in CONFISCATION which I do not.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    One thing that has bothered me is the blanket of "mental disorders" as a disqualifier for gun ownership. My wife has been treated in the past for eating disorders to include inpatient treatment to the extent that I believe that she has lost her right to ownership, but since she has no interest in ever owning a gun she is not worried.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Did you know schizophrenia no longer exists as a disorder based on the manual these "unbiased" professionals reference. Also transgender is no longer a mental disorder. So tell me how are these "unbiased" professionals going to help.
    Schizophrenia subtypes (paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated, and residual types) were removed because they are useless in guiding management. Schizophrenia isn’t going anywhere.

“Transsexualism” was replaced with “Gender Identity Disorder”. The criteria remain the same.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Why would anyone take her seriously?

She's a stooge picked to be VP so she can read a script for whatever the global elitists put in front of her. They know they can't force us to submit as long as we still have guns.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Why would anyone take her seriously?

She's a stooge picked to be VP so she can read a script for whatever the global elitists put in front of her. They know they can't force us to submit as long as we still have guns.
    It would probably help, if she could read.

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    Nope sorry IF banning someone from firearms due to mental illness is a solution it must need to be more sophisticated then just a blanket PSTD diagnosis. The problem lies in the lack of good and extensive medical care. We are now as a country experiencing the results of shutting down mental institutions in the early eighties during the Reagan administration forward.

Merica is no different then any other country as far as mentally ill people in their demographics except for the LACK of available resources that WE have for them. Yes we have the 2nd Amendment that others do not but that is more the reason we should have extensive mental health care regardless of availability to pay for as long as it’s needed without restrictions on length and level of care. It will be COSTLY but it really is the only compromise we have. Unless of course you believe in CONFISCATION which I do not.
    So you believe if someone passed a basic 10 minute backgroud check for an AR15 but later find out he's suffering for severe PTSD from the war to a point he's hearing things and hallucination, or he's suffering from mental disorder like schizophrenia (with cases of violence), psychosis, bipolar, etc he should keep his guns? Yes l believe if you later developed violent mental disorder and does not have the finanial means to seak treatment, your weapons should be confiscated. Even yes you are law abiding citizen. Even people who are trying their best to manage it without medical treatment/medical intervention, you might fall into an episode where you cannot even control yourself. Some one with schiophrenia, or PTDS, might confused kids walking around in the neighborhood, with terrorist kids walkinga round with AK pointing at you.
    off course some of mental disorders should not be a factor like anxiety disorder, eating disorder, more non voilent ones.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    So you believe if someone passed a basic 10 minute backgroud check for an AR15 but later find out he's suffering for severe PTSD from the war to a point he's hearing things and hallucination, or he's suffering from mental disorder like schizophrenia (with cases of violence), psychosis, bipolar, etc he should keep his guns? Yes l believe if you later developed violent mental disorder and does not have the finanial means to seak treatment, your weapons should be confiscated. Even yes you are law abiding citizen. Even people who are trying their best to manage it without medical treatment/medical intervention, you might fall into an episode where you cannot even control yourself. Some one with schiophrenia, or PTDS, might confused kids walking around in the neighborhood, with terrorist kids walkinga round with AK pointing at you.
    off course some of mental disorders should not be a factor like anxiety disorder, eating disorder, more non voilent ones.

You are combining several different mental health issues together.

Just because someone is diagnosed with PTSD does not automatically mean they are a danger to themselves or others.

If you want to cause or increase a stigma with a guaranteed loss of rights which would result in less people seeking help to better their lives, that would be a good way to do it…

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    You want medical records tied to the background checks?

I personally do not...gov is weaponized enough.
    Obamacare gave gov't access to all medical records with the electronic medical records mandate. Though universal access has not happened yet.
    Big Gov't pols are going to abuse this access once it goes live.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom