• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    *** Voter Registration Volunteers Needed ***

During the fight against SB 281, several legislators said that many of the thousands contacting them to oppose the bill were NOT registered voters. This is so wrong in so many ways.

What can we do about it? How does getting enough folks certified as voter registration volunteers to set up a table at the front door of every gun shop in the state sound?

I don't see it as a continual thing but doing it once a month between now and election day may yield some fruit. Keeping it as a monthly special event, perhaps calling it "2nd Saturday for the 2nd Amendment," could help keep energy and interest higher than a constant presence. I can't see any of the dealers being opposed to the idea, especially if they know each event will have their store's name and address listed in an announcement here. A little late getting started with this for April, but I think we can get a full fledged "Second Saturday" in motion for May 11, 2013.

In addition to registration events at gun shops, we can also target special events shooters will likely be attending. Gun shows, hunting and outdoor exhibitions, etc. all have the potential to bring new voters to the fight for our 2A rights.

There are a few minor hoops to jump through before you can become a Voter Registration Volunteer (VRV). Come on, this is Maryland, did you expect anything else? Fortunately, the process is quicker and easier than buying an unregulated long arm.

Step 1: Contact your local Board of Elections to make an appointment for a VRV training/certification session.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/get_involved/registration_volunteers.html

http://www.elections.state.md.us/about/county_boards.html

The training takes all of 15 minutes and you emerge as a duly certified VRV with a fancy new card for your wallet and a stack of Voter Registration Applications (VRA).

Step 2: Ask the owner of your local or favorite gun shop if you can set up a table near the front door of the shop to register new voters on the second Saturday of each month. Get back to me with the name and address of the cooperating shop and I will start a new thread announcing each months effort and listing the participating locations.

Step 3: Get out and register some new voters! Be sure to follow the rules and guidelines covered in your training.

Step 4: Feedback! Report back with how your location did in terms of not only registering new voters but also any "lessons learned" which can help the project as a whole grow.

We have a great opportunity to get the voter registration message out to a large segment of the 2A community.

Feb 4, 2014 - 2A Tuesday
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=135986

This gathering hopes to bring together 10,000 or more Maryland gun owners in Annapolis. We will need some boots on the ground to staff a central voter registration area and also circulate through the crowd to offer our service and get some new voters signed up.

Can you be there and help out?

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    just called Baltimore City, they have the training classes everyday at 10am and 3pm

Good info to have!

Anne Arundel - call for appointment
    Anne Arundel County Government Building
    Street Address: 7320 Ritchie Highway, Second Floor
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061
    410-222-6600

Baltimore City - Classes at 10 am and 3 pm
    Charles L. Benton Building
    417 E. Fayette Street, Room 129
    Baltimore MD 21202-3432
    410-396-5550

Baltimore County - call for appointment
    106 Bloomsbury Avenue
    Catonsville MD 21228
    410-887-5700

Cecil County - Monday -- Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    200 Chesapeake Blvd., Suite 1900
    Elkton, MD 21921-6395
    410-996-5310

Montgomery County - Wednesdays at 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM
    18753-210 N. Frederick Avenue
    Gaithersburg MD 20879-3121
    240-777-8500

Last edited:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Cecil says to go to the State . Reading the site
    http://www.elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/application.html

on the bottom it says if you are going to register any one other than family members it is recommended you become a volunteer :) .
    Per the website these can be done online , not sure if a volunteer can do it that way but what if you don't take the class? Might be easier to have a few laptops / tablets (if the place its going to be done at) has wifi and have em register online . Less mess and hassle.

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    Excellent idea, dogbone!

I'm in once I can find info for AA Co and an empty space on my calendar.

I believe the first place we need to start all of our educational/get out the vote drives are at Maryland's gun shops. First, get pro-2A gun owners on board. Then, reach out to the fence-sitters and uneducated/open-minded antis.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    I wonder if AGC would allow someone on weekends

Great Idea -

- and open trap seems like a great time to do it.

"The AGC opens its trap range to members and non-members for open shooting every Sunday afternoon, Wednesday evening and Saturday afternoon throughout the year. Hours of operation for Public Trap are:

Sunday afternoons from 12:00PM until 4:00PM
    Wednesday evenings from 6:00PM until 9:00PM
    Saturday afternoons from 12:00PM until 4:00PM"

as well as other clubs that have open trap hours.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Do you think the Silverado Gun Shows would give up some free table space for voter registration?

Even if they didn't offer free space, I'll gladly cover the $65.00 they want for a 6' table. Anyone up for covering the Silverado show at the Howard County Fairgrounds on July 20 & 21, 2013?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Even if they didn't offer free space, I'll gladly cover the $65.00 they want for a 6' table. Anyone up for covering the Silverado show at the Howard County Fairgrounds on July 20 & 21, 2013?

Put me down. Will split the cost with you :)

To avoid another post, I will contact them today. Thanks for the info.

*** Capturing the media and schools results in capturing the minds of the public ***

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I'm in for some voter turn out work and am in the city. I'll get to the training class myself and be ready to roll.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    You guys should also try to get the DINO information out with you as well. This will let them know of our best way to fight back for the time being, and make it so we can really hurt those clowns in the primaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom