• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Last winter, law abiding Maryland residents watched their Second Amendment Civil Rights get trampled by a legislature that showed no regard for the people who came out to oppose the bill. When told to be careful not to ignore the people there, one noteable sponsor of SB281 responded: "I'll take my chances."

On Tuesday February 4th 2014, we will return to Annapolis to remind everyone who voted for SB281 that we have not forgotten what they did in 2013, and we will be there to oppose the "feel good do nothing laws" they will propose in 2014.

The First Annual 2A Tuesday will be an all day event, offering Maryland residents a chance to rally, meet with Senators and Delegates, and learn about the civic process and be advocates for 2nd Amendment Civil Rights.

We will announce specific times and locations for events as the event date approaches; however, we want to give everyone ample notice to secure time off from work. Our goal in 2014 is to deluge Annapolis with supporters of the 2nd Amendment.

If you are on Twitter or Facebook, start spreading the word using the hashtag #2ATuesday

Mr H

Banana'd
    If anyone wished to become a part of history, by all means jump in. Spread the word to your friends, family, coworkers, clubs, you name it...

This will be the big kickoff to a huge General Assembly session for us, and the next step for Marylanders to stand up together, and assert our claim to restore our right to self-protection by ALL means.

There will be a lot to do between now and then, and we'll keep you posted as much as possible.

In the meantime, for us the 2014 Session begins today! The word is out, so let your elected officials know you are paying attention, and WILL be holding them accountable.

If they won't fulfill their commitment to the Constitution, then we will find people who will!

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I just canceled some scheduled training at work that was that week so I could come to this. I will try to drag my dad and anyone else I can think of along as well.

I also reposted this in the Sanners Lake private forum section.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I just canceled some scheduled training at work that was that week so I could come to this. I will try to drag my dad and anyone else I can think of along as well.

I also reposted this in the Sanners Lake private forum section.

This is exactly why we are putting this out so early, to give people PLENTY of advance notice!

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    I will cast my vote as usual, but being in Maryland and in the 5th Congressional District, it won't do much good. Steny Hoyer has been in office forever. It'll take a lot to get him voted out.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I will cast my vote as usual, but being in Maryland and in the 5th Congressional District, it won't do much good. Steny Hoyer has been in office forever. It'll take a lot to get him voted out.

This has nothing to do with voting for anyone and everything to do with showing up in Annapolis with as many of your friends as you can pack in your car.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Unless you wear a t- shirt reps will only see crowds. Your money is good in any district ( find one that's in play -- more to come).

But get there....

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Besides just "showing up" what is the actual agenda. I understand everyone's arguments for being there and I will schedule time off to get there. But standing around waiving a flag will do little good. If you want people to feel like this will make a difference I recommend a GENERAL (not specific) agenda or something that will have an impact past waiving a flag.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Besides just "showing up" what is the actual agenda. I understand everyone's arguments for being there and I will schedule time off to get there. But standing around waiving a flag will do little good. If you want people to feel like this will make a difference I recommend a GENERAL (not specific) agenda or something that will have an impact past waiving a flag.

Currently being worked on.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Calendared it in as soon as I got the email. I'll participate in t-shirt buys or other identifiers of our cause. See you all there!

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    ......Steny Hoyer has been in office forever. It'll take a lot to get him voted out.

Hoyer is in the U.S. Congress. We are concentrating on the Maryland General Assembly. Please come out and be part of the process. If you're angry about what happened earlier this year, you can speak in the hearings. Believe it or not, we made a difference this year.

Mr H

Banana'd

I'll ask you yet again...

What do you propose for actions?

We are still developing things, but you're more than welcomed to offer your own suggestions.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I'll ask you yet again...

What do you propose for actions?

We are still developing things, but you're more than welcomed to offer your own suggestions.

Ill pm you so as not to muddy this thread. I do not like thread pollution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom