Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      74.1 KB · Views: 127

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Good time pitching in, and did a quick tour of the show after my shift was over, and managed to pick up 2 tough to find mags!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The afternoon shift had great results also. We just didn't think to visually document ourselves at the time.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nice meeting you, Biggfoot. Yes, the pace of visitors was more relaxed by mid-afternoon, but lots of nice people coming by to chat. In addition to interested Marylanders, was impressed by the generosity of Virginians coming to donate or lend moral support to the cause.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I'm continually impressed with the quality and caliber of the people we get to staff our table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    was impressed by the generosity of Virginians coming to donate or lend moral support to the cause.

We met quite a few, Friday, asking how to carry in or when driving through MD. The irritation level was high, as you would expect.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes, we got the same from Virginians. I wonder how much it hurts MD tourism as these folks simply don't want to come up here and be disarmed.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The tourism argument, if it is possible to find an economist to calculate it, could be a major STFU to Maryland's tax-and-spend Democrats.

We could shame them for kneecapping Maryland tourism.

The most stable, employed, and crime-free out-of-state tourists are instead going to PA, WV, and to DE and VA beaches.

It is a disgrace and it is a HAMMER waiting to be swung.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The tourism argument, if it is possible to find an economist to calculate it, could be a major STFU to Maryland's tax-and-spend Democrats.

We could shame them for kneecapping Maryland tourism.

The most stable, employed, and crime-free out-of-state tourists are instead going to PA, WV, and to DE and VA beaches.

It is a disgrace and it is a HAMMER waiting to be swung.

That was part of my testimony in the 2014 House hearings, focusing mostly on High Power Rifle competitors who would not be coming to Maryland. It seems to have fallen on deaf ears. A wider application of the tourism angle may or may not get more traction but any additional information we can get in front of the legislators about how Maryland firearms laws are harming the state is a good thing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    John, high power rifle competitors is a limited subset of the much bigger pool of visitors. We need economic projections for overall lost tourism to buttress the argument. We need the numbers to throw around. When we go on offense, the Democraps will be on defense.

Nice to be on offense for a change, don't you think? It's also the foundation that a fiscally-minded Governor can stand on.

Mr H

Banana'd
    There were some thoughts in '13 and '14 for this purpose, but were never any more than group-brainstormed rough estimates.

Having a real set of numbers to present would be fantastic, but I wonder if it's really possible to have anything more concrete than "lots of zeroes"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom