• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Remember, as MD'ers, we also need to try to figure out the impact of Sculin's 14A decision on inclusion for out of state residents and what DC might do as far as out of state resident carry. To me that's every bit as important as what DC might do for their own residents, if indeed the decide to craft anything.

Certainly I would prefer they honor all 50 states carry permits but if they don't they will have to be shall issue to residents and non-residents. The order makes that pretty clear to me.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    The fact that the DC Circuit cited Peruta favorably in this case cannot escape the notice of the 9th circuit court of appeals.

I imagine that a teetering justice or two in the 9th circuit might look less askance at Peruta with the combined weight of the DC circuit and 7th circuit (Moore) behind it.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    The fact that the DC Circuit cited Peruta favorably in this case cannot escape the notice of the 9th circuit district court of appeals.

I imagine that a teetering justice or two in the 9th circuit might look less askance at Peruta with the combined weight of the DC circuit and 7th circuit (Moore) behind it.

FIFY.

ETA: reading comprehension owns me.

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The fact that the DC Circuit cited Peruta favorably in this case cannot escape the notice of the 9th circuit court of appeals.

Assuming that they have not voted. Given the time, it's entirely possible that they have already voted and are merely in the process of writing/publishing orders & opinions (for example, a dissent from the en banc decision whatever it may be).

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Assuming that they have not voted. Given the time, it's entirely possible that they have already voted and are merely in the process of writing/publishing orders & opinions (for example, a dissent from the en banc decision whatever it may be).

Would the panel have to rule first on the AG's intervention? If they rule against her, the 9th judges might not want en banc with a dissinterested party (San Diego).

jrosenberger

Jan 19, 2011
    NH
    There are lots of alternatives. I merely meant that DC will very likely wait to hear from the 9th before they decide a course. If the 9th grants en banc, DC will more than likely pursue an appeal. If en banc is denied, regardless of Harris' petition, appeal looks unlikely IMO.

It seems very unlikely that en banc in Peruta will be decided before the 30 day appeal deadline in Palmer.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Hence why I said delay the decision for a year and train the cops.

How bout we go back to what we had that one day where there weren't any shootouts or people getting hassled. AND we do away with qualified immunity for this.

Bet the cops learn a lot faster than a year.

Right....a right delayed is dented.....however (insert reason for wanting to deny a right)

So in other words you don't care about our rights because it might be inconvenient to your job?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    How bout we go back to what we had that one day where there weren't any shootouts or people getting hassled. AND we do away with qualified immunity for this.

So in other words you don't care about our rights because it might be inconvenient to your job?

Your hostile dick head undertones are unnecessary. My point is actually about more care for people because I want the cops properly trained to avoid any unnecessities

Mr H

Banana'd

Really??

He's trying to be measured and assumes a cautiously long learning curve, and suddenly he's against us??

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Would the panel have to rule first on the AG's intervention? If they rule against her, the 9th judges might not want en banc with a dissinterested party (San Diego).

IANAL, but Peruta mostly already conceded Harris can intervene. Peruta can only get to the Supreme Court with an opposing party.

With Richards and Baker requesting en banc, both dependent on Peruta opinion, I personally think they will dispense with everything at once because they are all so tightly linked.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Your hostile dick head undertones are unnecessary. My point is actually about more care for people because I want the cops properly trained to avoid any unnecessities

Yee thinking too much and making too much rational sense.

It throws people off.

While I don't necessarily like what you're saying only because I want this to happen soon, you make some great points. If people get arrested because of ill trained LEO, the thread to follow would be HUGE!!!

"Why don't the LEO's know the law?!? mad mad mad"

Thanks again for your perspective.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Really??

He's trying to be measured and assumes a cautiously long learning curve, and suddenly he's against us??

A year long wait is unnecessary. Why a whole year? People are already carrying in DC legally. Exactly what kind of "training" will take a whole damn year to ensure that people carrying are legally doing so and not breaking any laws?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Yee thinking too much and making too much rational sense.

It throws people off.

While I don't necessarily like what you're saying only because I want this to happen soon, you make some great points. If people get arrested because of ill trained LEO, the thread to follow would be HUGE!!!

"Why don't the LEO's know the law?!? mad mad mad"

Thanks again for your perspective.

People still get their rights violated even after years of training and experienced police forces. LEOSA has 50 state carry already for some people and it's easier to validate a carry permit than it is to validate LEOSA compliance. IOW, It's not rocket science. A whole year is excessive.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Ya sorry but a year seems long to me too. DC had plenty of time to come up with something already in the event they lost. This case took what? 5 years?

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Yes you care for people. That's why you want to continue violating our right huh? How many people got hassled that day? It's really easy. Apparently all the training you need is to send out an email.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yes you care for people. That's why you want to continue violating our right huh? How many people got hassled that day? It's really easy. Apparently all the training you need is to send out an email.

Do tell...

How many people DID get 'hassled' [those days]???

You are so hung up on words, that you neglect (refuse?) to see that they are expressions of thought, and not necessarily policy?

I know he can defend himself admirably, but I'm gonna chime in...

mpdc4511 is among the staunchest of 2A supporters, and it was pretty apparent that he is using the "one year" as a guess of the longest it would take.

Puh-leeze........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom