• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I know all the Fudds on here are going to hate it (clearly by the comments already) but I think it's awesome and hilarious. Who wants a plain jain Glock? This is an awesome range piece which will bring smiles by everyone.

I personally don't own a CANIK, but I've heard nothing but great things about them from numerous reputable gun reviewers.
    I bet all your ammo identifies as 40 Smith & Wesson

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I mean, my carry piece 98% of the time is a .380... the other 2% is a .22LR.... Yes, it's perfectly fine to carry something other then a .45ACP 1911... ROFL
    Welp, that explains you’re strange attraction to those Canik’s

Not there’s anything wrong with that

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I know all the Fudds on here are going to hate it (clearly by the comments already) but I think it's awesome and hilarious. Who wants a plain jain Glock? This is an awesome range piece which will bring smiles by everyone.
    I'll take that plain Glock. If I'm smiling at someone with this, it's because they're my friend and it makes them happy. Otherwise I tend to avoid eccentrics.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Welp, that explains you’re strange attraction to those Canik’s

Not there’s anything wrong with that
    Ya likely so, haha.

Also, I have so many guns, I've moved on to looking at the uniqueness and attractiveness of firearms.

For example, my latest purchase is the S&W M&P 5.7.... Why 5.7? Well, because it's different. I like a ton about it. The high velocity small projectile. Huge magazine capacity. Low recoil. Heck I'm even chomping at the bit to find the new Fiocchi subsonic 5.7 ammo. Why waste my money on subsonic 5.7 when it's basically then just a .22LR? Well, you get the reliability of a centerfire versus a rimfire with 5.7... the subsonic should sound super quite with my rimfire can mounted to the S&W... and i've seen tests showing that subsonic 5.7 will still pierce level IIIA body armor. Do I think I actually need something that pierces body armor? No, but it's pretty cool regardless. I actually think the S&W 5.7, with a red dot, suppressor, flashlight, and subsonic loads would be an awesome night time raccoon hunting weapon.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I'll take that plain Glock. If I'm smiling at someone with this, it's because they're my friend and it makes them happy. Otherwise I tend to avoid eccentrics.
    Well lucky for you Glock continued their tradition of ground breaking innovation and now you can go out and buy that new Glock G47.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Also, I have so many guns, I've moved on to looking at the uniqueness and attractiveness of firearms.
    Based on this, I respectfully apologize for the snark in my last post. I don't tend to view guns as collectibles anymore and I can be needlessly dismissive of those who do.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Based on this, I respectfully apologize for the snark in my last post. I don't tend to view guns as collectibles anymore and I can be needlessly dismissive of those who do.
    No offense taken.

I have a 3 handguns that I view as tools (two compact carry, one full size carry). All my other handguns are just fun/toys/unique or collectible in some way.

Like my Keltec PMR30 for example. I have zero practical use for this, but man it sure is a hoot to shoot at the range with. I've also dispatched a plethora of jackrabbits with it. Literally running on foot through the desert after a jackrabbit, blasting away with a seemingly never ending magazine is a fun experience LOL.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    I own, carry, and am very pleased with my Canik TP9SF Elite. But at times I almost hesitate to say I run one, people hear "Canik" and I feel like they immediately think of the other models that get modded to the point that they look like something Robocop would carry. I think they're outstanding firearms, especially at their price point, I'm just not a fan of some of the really out there styles. The Miami Collection is really popular amongst the Canik Cultists, I wouldn't be surprised if the ones in the OP were sold by the end of the weekend.
    hg4869t-n_r_1.png
    VS
    184A9406_1_13d48d40-481f-4ed2-9db6-5e5e3b17d022.jpg

I am definitely interested in the upcoming Canik MC9, unless something else comes up while waiting for it to get listed on the MD roster.
    family_on_stone.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom