• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I have the VersaMax Tactical and I barely see any parts, either OEM or aftermarket, for this shotgun. I'd love to get the single piece carbon fiber magazine tube for the tactical but I can't find one from Remington. There is one other company that sells them but they're like over $200. I'd also like to get the no-finger-pinch lifter(i think that's what it's called) that is forked on the Tactical but fixed apparently on the Comp version.

Scarab

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I have the VersaMax Tactical and I barely see any parts, either OEM or aftermarket, for this shotgun. I'd love to get the single piece carbon fiber magazine tube for the tactical but I can't find one from Remington. There is one other company that sells them but they're like over $200. I'd also like to get the no-finger-pinch lifter(i think that's what it's called) that is forked on the Tactical but fixed apparently on the Comp version.

Scarab

I hear ya on the versa tube from carbon arms. Pricey, but they are sweet. I just shipped my lifter to this place to have it welded up per the recommendation of a couple guys on mds.

http://c-rums.com

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Can't we just BUY a new style lifter instead of having to send ours away and get it welded???

Scarab

I Don't know if/when the new style lifter will be available in what I assume is a brand new low volume production shotgun. I looked for it to no avail and just mailed my lifter out.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Can't we just BUY a new style lifter instead of having to send ours away and get it welded???

Scarab

Sure you can but the loading port still wont be widened or milled to aid in loading. I would try just the lifter first and see if that helps loading without the finger bite.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    They still have a VersaMax Tactical at the Dicks in Westminster for $999.00. Not sure if they are still taking an additional 10% off of that. Then 10% more if you open a CC with them.

Scarab

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Sure you can but the loading port still wont be widened or milled to aid in loading. I would try just the lifter first and see if that helps loading without the finger bite.

I sent my lifter out and it came back in a week welded up looking like it came that way from the factory. I will say that its a big help, but having handled one with a milled out loading port there IS a noticeable difference.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    qebeba8y.jpg

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Had it back in a week. It turned out really nice. Soup (from mds) came over and put it all back together for me and we added a one shot extension and new spring too. Tossed a mod extended choke on it and called it done. :)

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    I went to Dicks in Glen Burnie and they didn't have one in stock.

They told me to look in the book an it was $1200+, is that another version?

$899 is a good deal. Does anyone see that deal at any Dicks in their area?

My local dicks :(

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I went to Dicks in Glen Burnie and they didn't have one in stock.

They told me to look in the book an it was $1200+, is that another version?

$899 is a good deal. Does anyone see that deal at any Dicks in their area?

My local dicks :(

I had never seen the tactical for much less than $1200 until the poster here mentioned that outstanding deal at dsg. Its a great SG and kudos to anyone lucky enough to land one for a great price like that!

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I had never seen the tactical for much less than $1200 until the poster here mentioned that outstanding deal at dsg. Its a great SG and kudos to anyone lucky enough to land one for a great price like that!

I posted above that they still had one VersaMax Tactical for $999 at Dicks in Westminster last Thursday when I was there. Not sure if they are still doing the 10% off of that but probably. Then apply for a credit card there and get another 10% off. That's exactly what I did.

Scarab

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I posted above that they still had one VersaMax Tactical for $999 at Dicks in Westminster last Thursday when I was there. Not sure if they are still doing the 10% off of that but probably. Then apply for a credit card there and get another 10% off. That's exactly what I did.

Scarab

That is a CRAZY good deal :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom