• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    As of 1 July, 2016, VA accepts permitted residents from all 50 states (including MD, which they used to not accept)- so now, I no longer need to bring my FL with me when passing through VA in order to visit my folks in NC.

This is noteworthy because it was just last year that their attorney general, with the support of Gov. McAuliffe, attempted to nullify agreements with all states other than UT (25 in total)- the legislature was not about to let this happen, and they forced him to not only retreat on the deal, but the new agreement they put in place not only restored the 25 states they cancelled, but added agreements for the remaining states for which previous agreements did not exist

I was not aware of how large a win this was for the VA legislature, but as a MD resident who can now carry in VA on my permit where previously I had to carry a second permit in my wallet, this is good news.

Just an FYI for anyone else who might not have known this.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    It's funny when you threaten to defund someones security detail, how fast they get compliant on these things.

Haven't been following this, is that how it went down? Love to hear of a Republican legislature with some balls.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Although some people recommend getting a VA permit, as there have been some reports of people being hassled when driving through a school zone. GFSZ act allows carry through a school zone if the person holds a permit from THAT STATE.

$100 per 5 years for piece of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom