VA driver pulls a firearm at a biker who charged at his car and driver gets promptly arrested by police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Maybe the guy hit him, and he was getting his phone to take a picture of the tag?
    Its possible, still stupid on several levels.
    His phone should either be on his bars on a holder or in his pocket so if he gets in a collision its still on him and his wife can find the body in the woods when he flies over the guard rail.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    At the end of the video, the cop on the far left appears to be pointing his weapon inside the rear seat of the Explorer, while the officer on the far right is leaning into the rear seat of the vehicle, directly into the line of fire. That seems like poor muzzle discipline.

It definitely looked like the biker was intent on getting something important from his saddle bag, which a pistol pointed at him possibly cahnged his mind rather abruptly. Do we have a news article that states what this was, or more of the story as to what and why this happened?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    So the biggest thing to me is how did he have such shit situational awareness to not see the cop standing 50ft away directing traffic. Hitting the horn or shouting could’ve resolved this fast.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Kind of ironic that the vehicle driven by the man with a gun bears the license plate DUHHHHH

:rofl:

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Two dipshits that can't keep their cool while driving. I'm sure both will say the other cut them off. BFD, shit happens. Let it go. Car driver had no right to point his firearm at a guy that was walking up to him, IMO. Roll yer fvcking window up, call 911, keep your firearm in your lap.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Two dipshits that can't keep their cool while driving. I'm sure both will say the other cut them off. BFD, shit happens. Let it go. Car driver had no right to point his firearm at a guy that was walking up to him, IMO. Roll yer fvcking window up, call 911, keep your firearm in your lap.
    Didn’t ANYONE watch the video? The SUV driver didn’t present his pistol until the motorcycle guy started rifling thru his saddlebag rather emphatically.

The SUV driver had the right idea in my mind, he didn’t wait to have a gun pointed at him before he presented. He didn’t draw first, he REACTED to the actions of the biker. Having no idea what lead up to this event, it would be prudent to not call the bald guy a “hot head” and pin unnecessary blame on him, at least not with the information available currently.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    It's easy to second guess. Personally, if I were the driver of the SUV, I'd have held off until the cyclist touched my car door. If there was a path for my vehicle to move away from the scene I would have done that. If the cyclist had a gun in his hand is another story completely.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Didn’t ANYONE watch the video? The SUV driver didn’t present his pistol until the motorcycle guy started rifling thru his saddlebag rather emphatically.

The SUV driver had the right idea in my mind, he didn’t wait to have a gun pointed at him before he presented. He didn’t draw first, he REACTED to the actions of the biker. Having no idea what lead up to this event, it would be prudent to not call the bald guy a “hot head” and pin unnecessary blame on him, at least not with the information available currently.
    You seem to have missed the very beginning of the video where the biker is walking toward the car and the driver points his pistol out the window at him - then the biker puts his hands up and gets back on his bike

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We only see part of the story, that's the problem with all these videos on the internet. I'd like
    to see the previous couple of minutes that led up to this.
    Yup. I always feel like a hockey referee when watching these videos.

Did the biker get to skate?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You seem to have missed the very beginning of the video where the biker is walking toward the car and the driver points his pistol out the window at him - then the biker puts his hands up and gets back on his bike
    ...and then gets back off. There's more missing from the situation than what is viewable.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    This video seems like the best evidence the driver could ask for. Seems like his actions were in response to a visible threat.

I'm sure the cyclist did nothing wrong, and went into the work zone to tell the guy he had a burnt out tail light.
    Looked like biker was waiting to last possible minute to merge in traffic also

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Pretty sure the biker was sleeping with the drivers wife then decided to return her...driver said no f-ing way. No tag backs....

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    You are correct, I did miss the gun early on, I was able to watch it on a bigger screen and Rick from Pawn Stars definitely “encouraged” biker guy to reverse his course and leave. Only the dipshit didn’t leave, he got back off his bike and went to the saddlebag and appeared to have retrieved (or tried to retrieve) his own weapon. Someone mentioned that one of the news outlets noted that both participants had handguns.

SUV guy got into his full-on defensive posture when biker guy was appearing to be pulling his own weapon. Luckily the cop(s) saw what was happening and put a stop to the whole thing. He probably saved both of those men, and possibly a few bystanders, from a very bad situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom