• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Since I don't want to miss giving you any instructors, look in the IP section and see if anyone meets your needs.

There are others but they need to weigh in themselves.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I'm located in Harford Co. I don't mind traveling.

I'd like to be able to carry while hiking the Appalachian Trail. The Utah permit covers GA, NC, TN, VA, WV, PA and VT. That's over 1,300 of the 2,184 total miles.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

I'd like to be able to carry while hiking the Appalachian Trail. The Utah permit covers GA, NC, TN, VA, WV, PA and VT. That's over 1,300 of the 2,184 total miles.

What do you do in the states that don't honor UT?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I thought Fla honored if you also took the live fire class, at least that is what I thought Dukes Defense told me.

If you take a live fire class AND APPLY FOR AND RECEIVE A FLORIDA PERMIT. Please contact Florida and request an application packet.

How do I sign up for the Utah class?

Find a class that is convenient for you. They are held almost every weekend all over Maryland. Before you register make sure your getting your monies worth and that the class is all inclusive.

He should be able to unload and put it in a backpack in MD. NY on the other hand could be a problem.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you take a live fire class AND APPLY FOR AND RECEIVE A FLORIDA PERMIT. Please contact Florida and request an application packet.

Find a class that is convenient for you. They are held almost every weekend all over Maryland. Before you register make sure your getting your monies worth and that the class is all inclusive.

He should be able to unload and put it in a backpack in MD. NY on the other hand could be a problem.

Wonder if FOPA would protect him? Probably not as it deals with vehicle travel, not foot travel. How would MD law allow this? 4-203 doesn't seem to allow it.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County

Just leave it home when I'm hiking those states. I'm not hiking the entire trail in one shot, I did that in 2011. I currently hiking 100 mile section at a time. My total AT mileage is over 3,200. In all that time I've only had one instance where I felt threatened and that was in TN. Fortunately there were two other hikers.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Just leave it home when I'm hiking those states. I'm not hiking the entire trail in one shot, I did that in 2011. I currently hiking 100 mile section at a time. My total AT mileage is over 3,200. In all that time I've only had one instance where I felt threatened and that was in TN. Fortunately there were two other hikers.

If you hear banjos in TN or GA when on the AT, RUN in the opposite direction!

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I completed the course yesterday in Frederick and will be mailing out my paperwork tomorrow. The permit is valid in 38 states.

What was interesting is that it is not valid in VA if you are a VA resident. You must have a VA permit. But it is valid if you are not a VA resident.

Anyone else get their UT permit?

I have one

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    But they don't as the VSP web page shows.

Quote:
    I am a new resident to Virginia and possess a concealed handgun permit issued by a permit-reciprocal state. Will my permit still be honored in Virginia?
    A permit issued by a state in which Virginia has established concealed handgun permit reciprocity or recognition will be honored in Virginia as long as the permit remains valid regardless of the change of address. It is suggested that you confirm the validity of the permit with the issuing agency in this instance.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I believe you can get New Hampshire and Maine permits pretty easily also.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No Va doesn't require that. But Utah got tired orf hearing certain other states objecting on the subject , so they preemptivly made the change.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    NM caused the change. Their instructors bitched to the Gov or someone high up. NM residents were getting UT NR permits to carry in NM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom