• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Newbies are welcome

Sorry to give you the impression newbies were not welcome. I'm not much more than a newbie myself. I'm just trying to organize a group with a diverse background and experience.

I've posted some links everyone should look at if they are interested in competing. Let me know if you are interested in going to the range next Sunday. I have to organize this so most if not all can attend so give me a time span you can be at the Elk Neck Range in NE.

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Anyone interested in getting together to shoot this Sunday July 5th, be at the Elk Neck Range at 1:00.

Here's another club that hosts pistol and rifle competitions:

http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html

Let me know if you have any questions by replying to this post or send me a private message.

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Delmarva shoot today

The competition went well today. There were about 40-50 competitors there with experience ranging from newbie to Master. We were divided up into 5 teams with 5 stages. Everyone had a great time and there were no DQs.

There's another competition in Kennett Square next Saturday if anyone is interested.

cowboy477989

Ceciltucky Member
    Nov 7, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    The competition went well today. There were about 40-50 competitors there with experience ranging from newbie to Master. We were divided up into 5 teams with 5 stages. Everyone had a great time and there were no DQs.

There's another competition in Kennett Square next Saturday if anyone is interested.

I am planning on it. I hope to have a few more projects done this coming week so the head office will let me come out and play.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Myself and a friend from work were there at Delmarva shooting the match this past Saturday. I'm from Kent Island, and he lives north of Baltimore (Arbutus I think).

We started on stage 1, both shooting M&Ps in Production.

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey Rob, We shot in the same squad. I was the newbie in the group. I shot at SCCSFA yesterday in Kennett Square. There were 5 Squads with about 13 shooters per Squad. I was placed in a group of experienced shooters who were eager to give me advice. Everyone had a great time. I'm still waiting for the stats to come back. Can't wait until the next shoot in August.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I'm anxious as well. I'm .13% away from A class, so my next classifier ought to do it (anything over 56% will do it for me).

I thought about shooting down at St. Charles today, but I did a bunch of yard work yesterday and didn't feel like making the drive.

See you on the 8th. BTW, which gun were you shooting? That is how I normally remember people.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    I shot at SCCSFA yesterday in Kennett Square. There were 5 Squads with about 13 shooters per Squad. I was placed in a group of experienced shooters who were eager to give me advice. Everyone had a great time. I'm still waiting for the stats to come back. Can't wait until the next shoot in August.

I went to S.Chester yesterday. I was wondering if you were going to make it up there.

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I got there around around 10:00 in case I needed to go through their safety check. I'm not classified yet but did okay against the D class and unclassified. Could use some pointers if you're available in the next week or two. Let me know.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    When you email Ken for the next match, ask if he can squad us together. I'll give you whatever tips you want throughout the day.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I've competed in USPSA matches before as well a few other pistol/rifle sports. I am not a member, though. But this team thing intrigues me.
    What is the ultimate vision you have?

I know of 2-3 I could bring along depending on what could develop.

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Team

The idea is just to have fun. Shooting competitions is fun but it's more fun to do it with a group of people you know and practice with. Do you live in the Elkton, NE area?

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I plan on being at the Elk Neck Range this Thursday, July 30th, between 1700-1730 if anyone wants to come down and shoot together. I plan on shooting pistol first and then my AR-15 on the rifle range. I heard the rifle range was closed this Wednesday. Not sure why but hopefully it'll be open on Thursday. If not, I'll stay on the pistol range.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    The only two places I know to compete are:

http://www.dsarange.com/

and

http://sccsfa.org/

The next shoot at Delmarva Sportsman is 7/17.

Has anyone competed at these locations.

I shot in the USPSA for the first time last month at dsa, and it was alot of fun. Good friendly bunch of guys. I strongly encourage any of you guys to come. The next match is August 8th, and there will also be a side match for shotgun on that day. I am debating on using a SPAS12 for that just for wow factor :innocent0

cowboy477989

Ceciltucky Member
    Nov 7, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    I plan on being at the Elk Neck Range this Thursday, July 30th, between 1700-1730 if anyone wants to come down and shoot together. I plan on shooting pistol first and then my AR-15 on the rifle range. I heard the rifle range was closed this Wednesday. Not sure why but hopefully it'll be open on Thursday. If not, I'll stay on the pistol range.

I will most likely join you. Need to get in some more practice myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom