• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Here is the USP I just picked up at Gun Connection today. It is 9mm, standard size, variant 1. Since I just turned 21 last week, this was a great way to celebrate my birthday! Now I can't wait to try it out tomorrow at the range! Thanks to Dan for the great service too!

USP.jpg

USP2.jpg

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    It sure looks nice and black. The first gun I ever bought was when I was twenty one and I bought a Smith & Wesson Model 629 44 magnum. The second gun I bought was a Smith & Wesson 41 Magnum in Nickel and the third gun was a Smith & Wesson Nine mm Model 39-2 and then a Colt Python. I still have the Smiths and the Colt had the smoothest trigger I had ever seen. I lost the Colt to my brother. Good luck with the beginning of your gun collection. Now how did you decide on the USP and the full size? Have fun, they shoot great.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    It sure looks nice and black. The first gun I ever bought was when I was twenty one and I bought a Smith & Wesson Model 629 44 magnum. The second gun I bought was a Smith & Wesson 41 Magnum in Nickel and the third gun was a Smith & Wesson Nine mm Model 39-2 and then a Colt Python. I still have the Smiths and the Colt had the smoothest trigger I had ever seen. I lost the Colt to my brother. Good luck with the beginning of your gun collection. Now how did you decide on the USP and the full size? Have fun, they shoot great.

I compared a number of different handguns and I really liked the feel of the USP. Maybe the reason I like it so much could have been because I have had an airsoft replica USP for a while, and I was just used to the feel and how it operates. I don't expect I'll be getting many handguns in the near future since I work part time, go to school, and really like a lot of rifles, so I figured I would just get something that I really liked. I wanted the full size because the compact felt a little small for me, and I'll mainly just be using it at the range, so I don't need anything more concealable.

Now I can't wait to try it out!

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Congrats on the first gun!

Now time to accessorize it! Maybe some night sights, a few mags and some other nessary accessories . . . . .

standard.jpg

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I got to use it at the range today and it was great! I fired 300rds, 1 box of Federal, and 5 boxes of CCI Blazer Brass. There were aboslutely no problems at all! My accuracy wasn't too good at first, but I started getting better. After 2 hours my hands were frozen, so I had to stop, but it was great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom