• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 21, 2012
    gambrills , maryland
    Hey guys I have a 1884 trapdoor left by my grandfather it is missing a handful of parts and I was wondering if anyone had a lead on getting any. The google searches havent been that helpful. I need but Plate , trigger assembly, barrel bands , and the lock or hammer assembly. It is a very interesting rifle and has 8 notches scratched into the stock that my imagination can only lead me to believe that the soldier behind this rifle was keep score in the revolutionary war. The parts may even be here somewhere and havent been discovered as of yet. My pop had allot of stuff. I know there has to be a few old rifle buffs on here.

I wasnt sure to post here or in the rifles section but since its a black powder cartridge I posted it here.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    Wait for Antique Gun Show at Timonium in March. Over 1000 tables and dozens of people selling trapdoor parts. Prices way better than mail order and you can choose parts thatmatch in wear and finish. Look for a company called S&S Fireams--they usually have TD parts that are virtually NOS in quality at lowprices. They also have a website.

Just a thought, tabbing up cost of the stuff you need brings you real close to the price of a "parts" gun.

Good luck

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Wait for Antique Gun Show at Timonium in March. Over 1000 tables and dozens of people selling trapdoor parts. Prices way better than mail order and you can choose parts thatmatch in wear and finish. Look for a company called S&S Fireams--they usually have TD parts that are virtually NOS in quality at lowprices. They also have a website.

Just a thought, tabbing up cost of the stuff you need brings you real close to the price of a "parts" gun.

Good luck

This.

Take the rifle there. There are experts all over that will help you with it. It is an unbelievable show for those that have not gone yet.

jcass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 21, 2012
    gambrills , maryland
    This will be fun and Im looking forward to it..

Good luck

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    It is a very interesting rifle and has 8 notches scratched into the stock that my imagination can only lead me to believe that the soldier behind this rifle was keep score in the revolutionary war.

he would have had to have a time machine if he was going to go back 100 years and keep score in the revolution :D

jcass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 21, 2012
    gambrills , maryland
    I was out of town on the 16-17th and missed the antique show at timonium. Looks like the next show is a year away..laughing at myself..Im not gonna wait a year to do something with this gun.. Is anyone interested in buying/trading for it.? Its not in the best of shape , the gentlemen at trapdoor offered $350 over the phone, the quote for the parts needed to be a shooter if purchased through him was $800-900. open to all kind of firearm trades. glock .40cal .22mag semi autos .22 semi autos pistols .270 30-06 7mm 300win mag. I can send pics just pm your cell# Ill try to get pics up in the for sale section if I get a chance today.

fordmech00

Mar 29, 2013
    I have a 1873 and a 1884. Both are great rifles and fun to shoot. Goex makes black powder rounds if you can find them. As far as parts go i have used these guys:

http://www.ssfirearms.com/

Best customer service I have found. Good luck and hope you get that old girl shooting again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom